This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#258701 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:22 am
I picked up a '71 Traynor YBA-1 a few months ago that I did some Plexi mods to and have really been enjoying it straight in with a Les Paul. Last Friday I decided to try it with my MIM Telecaster. I used cleanish set SD-1 to goose the amp a little. It was so much fun I didn't want to put it down.

Here's a short clip I recorded of the action.

https://soundcloud.com/riffraff12571/tele-sd-1-clip
#290172 by richard484767
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:04 am
I have been playing for about 60 years, and probably about ten or so years back, picked up a MIM Telecaster; I was looking for that link between an axe and a steel. It worked-for the most part. However, I also got a nose for the innards of the electricals, and has this been a kick!! I have done a lot with the 'Artec" line of mods, and like what happens with them. The Telecaster sound is really unique in it's pure form, but building and wiring these guys; but I also incorporated the 'varitone' type mod into a 'Jerry Donahue' type wiring setup, using a super-switch, made by Grigsby. Besides the other 'stable' of guitars, I have built about a dozen of the Tellie style axe. I think my favourite at this point, is just a simple four position switch with a sub-miniature switch to toggle in or out two capacitors; nice clean sound, and really nice used through an overdrive, and a boss delay. Oh, I run my stuff through either a Fender Deluxe or a Hartke 150.
#290175 by schmedidiah
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:26 am
Sorry I missed your post. Great stuff. I play a MIM 72 Tell Deluxe reissue with dual humbuckers and it does everything.

https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/mkandersson1982-break-away-cutting-room-floor-meezerpoclypse-remix
#292276 by Cur8t0r
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:04 pm
I've been thinking of getting a Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster for almost a month. I'ts been loaded in my shopping cart 3 times so far and I have yet to pull the trigger.