This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#258660 by J-HALEY
Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:22 pm
I purchased a Corona chorus about 2 years ago I loved this pedal perfect sounds for me! Last October I was setting up at one of the best gigs anyone could want. When I turned everything on no signal after about 20 minutes of stress I figured out it was my beloved chorus pedal. The switch was out, at that point it was out of warranty for 2 months. after a failed attempt at getting it replaced I put my digitech chorus on my board. I decided to get a new one recently went to GC and picked one up. When I put it on my board yesterday I noticed the switch wouldn't click like the old one. First thought is TC Electronic was using a different switch. Then I tried downloading one of the many chorus sounds my favorite Sweetwaters Dimension M and it wouldn't load it was making a weird sound and I also noticed it didn't prompt me thru the steps like it is supposed to do. After 2 hours of frustration I boxed it up drove back to GC and returned it. DAYUM made in China parts! :x My Digitech Multi chorus is back on my pedal board to stay this time!
#258661 by schmedidiah
Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:39 pm
Have you tried Electro Harmonix stuff? Made in NYC. Built like a tank. Sound great (to my damaged ears, anyway :roll: ).
#258662 by Planetguy
Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:11 pm
yeah, i've got one of those Digitech chorus pedals. they're pretty solid and sure give you lots of choices/options.

"I don't often use a chorus pedal....but when i do, i prefer my 30 yr old Japanese made ARION!"

it's got a real cheapo plastic housing and the battery cover is long missing but it has a really cool thing going on.
#258700 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:17 am
Those old Arion pedals were the cheapest things ever LOL. Now years later I've come to discover some of them have insanely good tone......who knew? I picked up a SF3 flanger a year or so ago and that has the most incredible tone. Definitely head a shoulders above any other I've ever tried.
#258705 by J-HALEY
Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:48 am
Mark the Digitech chorus I have is the "Chorus Factory". I was able to get a really good chorus sound out of it at rehearsal last night. It has almost all chorus models in it 7 in total, including the Electro Harmonix Small Clone, 2 flangers. Given all that I still prefer that circuit in the TC pedal, its just not dependable enough for me.
I use to have an Arion delay pedal back in the 80's I could get that same flutter sound Steve Stevens of Billy Idol got at the end of the solo in Rebel Yell. Wish I had kept that one!
#262664 by mistermikev
Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:35 pm
Boss CE2 simply the best.
that said... for about $40 you can find a dod performer 565 made-in-usa. 18v and uses sm mn3007 chip as a ce2 and has a wider range. most underrated chorus ever.
right now I have a ce2, ce2b, 565, 565b, vintage micro chorus, vintage stereo mem man (awesome chorus)... then i have several digital chorus's... I play the boss the most.
my 2 cents.

oh, and old arion... bbd. that's the dif. real bbd. most of those arion pedals used mn3007, flanger is likely a 3007 or similar. cheap enclosure, I don't imagine plastic provides a very good shield... not the greatest buffer when off... but when on - they sound great.
seriously... look at some of the old dod pedals. fx65 - you can get em for less than $60 and they are all analog bbd chips.