This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#253899 by alexa1110802
Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:23 pm
I'm looking for a solid player, not too thin but not bulky. Memory amount is not a big deal, but I would like the player to show photos and play videos. I would prefer a nice-sized screen; it doesn't have to be a touch screen. I am interested in Apple as well as non-Apple players. Thanks!
#253936 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:55 pm
Most people are using their smart phones for this these days. Is there some reason you want something else?
#253965 by dan1111002
Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:52 am
Ipods are the best and we all know rhis fact. But if you're looking for cheap mp3, pay attention to Sony Walkman, they're reallly good. Anyway, there a lot of usefuul reviews, look on http://www.cnet.com and topreviews.best
#253970 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Most people are using their smart phones for this these days. Is there some reason you want something else?

My wife made this switch and it drives me nuts. Perhaps the op cares more about music than whatever worthless electronic transmission is going to be coming in and disrupt the music?

Cat pics? I just left the gym? Can you pick up milk? Nah, man. Music. On a music player. Imagine that. :roll:

I just lucked out and scored an NOS Sony walkman from the 90s. 20 bucks for a high end cassette deck. Can't beat that. :D
#253976 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:44 pm
schmedidiah wrote: 20 bucks for a high end cassette deck. Can't beat that. :D

That's an oxymoron!

You can set the smart phone so that incoming stuff is turned off (if that's what you want).

Thing is that MP3 players (iPods, and similar) are not designed for easy photo storage and access. If its an actual iDevice, you have to use iTunes to load the music in, or the player won't index it.
Pictures and music files - a tablet might be a better bet, except they typically have little memory capacity - plenty enough for photos, but music takes space, so you need an external drive/USB drive.
#279188 by DesertDrums
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 am
Go to your local Kmart , buy a cheap pre-paid smart phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy that cost me $20. It was a TracFone, but the network doesn't matter, because you won't use it as a phone. Take it home, hook up to your wifi, and download what you want from the App store. Mine is an mp3 player, a metronome, and an alarm clock. I downloaded a music app that lets me organize set lists; a metronome that lets me program songs and rhythms, also organized into set lists. I connected to the internet thru my home Wifi to download, play it thru my bluetooth Boombot or headphones. Very useful, and the apps were free. Hell... it even takes decent pictures! Twenty bucks well spent. And once your songs are downloaded, you don't need the internet connection. Also, since it isn't using power to stay tapped into the phone network, the battery charge lasts a LONG time. If your car has Bluetooth capabilities, it can even be a car stereo. A lot of win for cheap.