This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#254634 by schmedidiah
Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:53 pm
jookeyman wrote:Batteries are made a helluva lot better than they use to be. The other day I grabbed my compressor and chorus pedal out of my gig bag (they haven't seen the light of day for 10 years) to record a #.... I plugged it in and the power light popped on! Both pedals had been sitting in the bag for 10 years.

Aren't you supposed to yank batteries out of stuff for long-term storage? I mean, unless you like cleaning acid off of delicate electronics? :|
#254641 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:59 pm
mistermikev wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Donner-DP-1-Guitar-Supply-Isolated/dp/B00WHLLDWO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455190026&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=pedal+power+supply&psc=1
I've read about a few people using these with good results... pretty fair deal.

For a big brick, it is a good deal. Still no 15V for my radial, though.
#269475 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:20 pm
I tried daisy chaining a reverb, tuner and distortion pedal. NOISE! reverb + anything there was noise. Haven't tried the tuner + distortion combo yet.
Using all 3 for my CD release show, but the distortion will only be used for 3 songs (on electric) and the reverb on 2 songs, so I'll probably just throw 9v batteries in them.

This is with the cheap 9v power supply I have (bought it for my looper, which I will not be using at the show) and a daisy chain kit.
#269523 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:57 pm
For sure reverb or delay goes last in a chain, but in this case, it's the only pedal in that chain! Only input to the reverb is the acoustic, from the reverb it goes into my Radial input 1. The distortion (only used for the electric) goes into input 2. The tuner is on its own output circuit from the Radial.
I suspect the reverb pedal is the culprit, though, as its a Behringer. When I have the chance,, I'll try running just the distortion and tuner off the PS and see if there's any noise. The tuner is the only thing that will be on all the time, so it'll be the one that gets the power, if I use batteries for the others.
#269524 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:04 pm
Hmmmm? I put crunchy Big Muff pedal after my reverb. Must be part of my signature sound. :mrgreen:
#269526 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:37 pm
Jookeyman wrote:Not being a Nazi here Schmeddy.
A lot of guitarist use different chains to get different results as you mention!!

I keep the chain on top of my cheapo Marshall stack the same.

$25 Danelectro auto wah > Boss Metal Zone 2 > Boss Phaser 3 or Boss Flanger 3 (all through the fx loop).

come to think of it, I put my Big Muff and Boss Tremolo after the Reverb. :twisted:

Jookeyman wrote:Boss noise suppressor pedal .

Good God, WHY?! :lol:
#269889 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:40 pm
A little experimenting to find out it was the Korg tuner pedal causing the noise when used with other pedals - even though its not in the actual sound chain (on its own branch of the Radial). The PS worked fine powering the reverb-delay and distortion pedals by themselves, which is all I need for the CD Release Party gig. I threw a 9v battery in the tuner. As I've also got a looper and a chorus pedal on the board, will need to do more experimenting when I get around to it.