This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#249089 by schmedidiah
Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:20 pm
Would love to try it. Problem is, if you need to fix yours, I don't stand a chance with this tech.
I meant I ditched the Boss delay pedal. The modulation setting on it was great, but see ya!
I do always have a Boss Tremolo going, usually set to "electric piano".
#249093 by Badstrat
Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:36 pm
I have owed at least 3 or 4 Echoplexes. I got tired of carrying one around and designed my own built onto the back of a Gold Sparkle Kustom Combo amplifier. There used to be a saying for Echoplex owners. You needed three of them. One for the gig, one in the repair shop, and one in the mail. I used that Kustom amp for quite some time before digital echo came out. The first digital echo's sucked but they kept getting better all the time. Now I use a Zoom with stereo echo. Sometimes my rhythm guitar player / singer would let me plug into one of his unused channels.

Here I sit between two big amps in my shop, both facing my chair at the workbench. The sound is unbelievable when you have the stereo FX on. You can use the entire Zoom FX in stereo or mono. On this song I used a simulated spring reverb on the ride and stereo echo on the verse. Since I prefer playing Rockavbilly I love the stereo slap back echo. It also can simulate the big Hammond Leslie sound to a very realistically. This is pretty much what the Stereo echo sounds like in my shop. I 'm not set up to mike both amps.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12959391

Since I prefer playing Rockabilly I love the stereo slap-back echo. My Zoom also can simulate the big Hammond Leslie sound very realistically. You can almost squeeze a "B3" sound out of it with the proper picking technique. I'm going to post a track with that FX on it later.

I'm not sure if I still have them but I had a new recording head, playback head, capstan roller and a couple of tapes that I was saving for a friend who was an Echoplex addict. He used to hit a note and play with the regeneration and slide the head around for some really weird FX on stage. Unfortunately he had a brain aneurysm burst while his wife , who is a head nurse, was with him. Even rushing him to the hospital couldn't save him. I may have thrown them out since I haven't had an Echoplex on my bench for repair in over 15 years.

I have no idea what all i have in there it is so full of stuff. I even had an extra Xformer (The square black thing) as I was going to use an original Echoplex circuit before I designed my own instead. I think that the tube versions sounded better than the solid state Echoplexes.
#252098 by schmedidiah
Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:16 pm
#259885 by schmedidiah
Wed May 18, 2016 1:54 pm
I have Slacker's email if you really can't find him.
#259955 by schmedidiah
Fri May 20, 2016 12:29 pm
My guitarist uses a Ditto pedal and you can hear his looping on the fly on my SoundCloud stuff that says Adam on guitar and me on drums. The switch is loud, though.
#259958 by Badstrat
Fri May 20, 2016 1:37 pm
"Looks like it would work well for a long percussion track but I don't know how to use it for an immediate playback (or is this even possible)??

The tape has to travel the whole length, several minutes. No way to use it as a looper.