This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#259966 by Badstrat
Fri May 20, 2016 3:50 pm
Try looking in repair shops for various knobs or go on line to find them at a distributor. Or even write to Gibson and ask. Does anyone still make them? I don't even remember what the knobs looked like. My last Echoplex was sold when I found a good digital echo that didn't have the tape hiss. I hate noise coming through my amplifier.

Most gear these days use far smaller controls and there is nothing you can do other than drill them out to fit older shafts. 1/4 inch knobs are getting more scarce every day.

Your best bet is to look for Echoplex repair parts through Google or some other search engine if you are wanting to keep it original. Fill your bank account first. :)

I used to put matchbook cover shims in some loose fitting 1/8th round knobs, and to tighten up loose serrated knobs I simply folded a narrow piece of paper over the top and down the sides of the shaft to fill the gap.
#259975 by Badstrat
Fri May 20, 2016 6:49 pm
"It may be noisy brother but you can't show me a digital pedal that has the same decay as the tape machine. You know; when the original tones fade away but you still hear those overtones repeating??"

I bought several Ibanez echo pedals The "Delay/Echo" models with push in knobs that prevent the settings from getting bumped after they are set. The "delay" function has a tone/decay somewhat to a tape machine. The echo signal deteriorates due to a less bright setting on the repeats. The other setting has a really nice crisp repeat that sounds quite a bit like the original signal. I like them. But I use a Zoom G2.Nu or the Zoom G2 for Echo. It has several great reverb settings and sever echo settings along with truly great Phase Shifter, Flanger, and Chorus FX. I recorded When She Talks in Her Sleep using the octave box settings on it.

How much do I like them? I have 6 of them and two with attached pedals that can assigned as wah, volume, as well as a myriad of other FX such as echo decay and the likes. It also has some cool settings that reverse the attack. I pretty much sold all of my other pedals since these can load up to 6 FX at a time in any order and a simple push of the up / down buttons can select another bank with up to 6 FX. I believe they have 50 programmable FZ and about 100 samples that can be modified in the user modification banks. Did I mention the drum machine that is a blast to jam with when no one else is around? The work for 8 hours continuous with stereo headphone output for use in a park or where ever you wish to jam privately. A lot of guys just plug them into the PA as opposed to lugging an amp around with them. Yeah. I likes them a lot! :)
#262673 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:47 am
Jook, I was listening to this album this week and the delay/ reverb was so thick and grungy on the rhythm guitar on this track that I thought it might be Echoplex. Couldn't say if I could recreate it with the pedals I currently possess.

http://youtu.be/Cj2-_TbWaj8
#262684 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:44 pm
Thanks