This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#237901 by KMK
Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:21 am
I'm looking for a keyboard that is portable(so that I can carry around), has around 2-3 octaves, not a midi controller(can work on its own), has good sounding(mainly piano), and maybe also weighted key and not too expensive if possible.
Is there such a keyboard piano/synthesizer out there?
#237943 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:01 pm
Only 2-3 octaves? I think you'll find that any keyboard with weighted keys is going to be at least 61 keys, more likely 76 or 88 and not real light because of that combo.
Yamahas have good piano sounds, but this model: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/P35B is the lowest price one I ofund wiht weighted keys, and sells for $450 (it's an 88-key model).
#238040 by Cajundaddy
Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:15 pm
Big fan of Nord instruments. They are compact and sound great on everything. Not cheap though...
#238044 by MikeTalbot
Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:10 pm
I have a Yamaha E343 with all that good stuff. And yeah - it's also a MIDI controller but doesn't have to be. Sometimes i play it through my bass amp and it howls.

I paid just under 200.00 for it and love it. 61 keyes -set them to be any way you want them to feel, plus some very nice voicings.

Talbot