This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#237100 by juliana1032896
Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:11 pm
Hello Everyone
I currently work for a family owned music store and decided to do some research on musicians favorite brands. We are thinking of possible adding some new brands to our already expanding selection. I want your opinion on the best brands out there for all instruments, bust mostly audio, keys, live sound, synths, effects, music production, software, midi controls, ect. It doesnt have to be something you already own but what you favor. Let us know what you would like to see us carry as we also are developing a new website.
Thank you for you participation. :D
#237108 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:54 pm
Just what everyone needs - yet another online equipment reseller. What is needed is knowledgable, well-trained sales people who can qualify what the customer is looking for wihtout trying to upsell them because the profits are better on brand X as compared to brand Y.
Online -people want the best price with best warranty and best return policy.
In-store, eveyrone wants something different - some people want low end bargains, others want the high-end stuff.

Want to see how its done right: Sweetwater
Want to see how its NOT done right: Guitar Center/Musicians Friend

Do I by from both, sure .... :roll:
#237215 by Cajundaddy
Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:36 pm
Favorite brand of guitar gear: Fender, Mesa
Favorite brand of live sound: Mackie, Electro-Voice

This stuff just always sounds great and never lets me down so I have trusted these tools for many years. Lots of other worthy brands out there, these just happen to be my favorites.

Good luck! Music reselling is definitely a pit of vipers with slim margins and cut-throat competition.
#237221 by Skitsomunkey
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 am
I just read reviews from several resellers, and I try to buy local when I can, but typically I end up buying all my stuff from Amazon because I can get what everyone else is charging $100 for for $40 there (with free shipping.)

My experience with different brands is somewhat limited, but here's my thoughts:

Guitars: I like Jackson and Ibanez
Drums: I like Tama and Aquarian
Cymbals: Only ever used Meinl so far.
#237526 by J-HALEY
Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Mackie, JBL, QSC, PreSonus, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Marshall, Fender, Vox, Blackstar, Gibson, Seagull, Martin, Taylor, Yamaha, Nord.
#237530 by Badstrat
Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:00 pm
Fender Strat for guitar, although I have several SGs and Les Pauls.. My own designed amplifiers, Zoom FX pedals (I use them as preamps when recording and playing) , Mackie mixers, although I have several Behringers that have the same low noise levels + FX the Mackies do not have at 1/2 the price, JBL and certain Celestion speakers, Sonar, Cool Edit Pro ESI Juli@ and MAYA sound cards for recording.