This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#236444 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:55 pm
I hadn't thought of that with these new iPad-controllable systems. There's no security possible? Seems like that should be standard, like with phones, you can choose to have to punch in your unlock key (or not, if you so choose).
#237499 by J-HALEY
Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:19 am
I played in a band last year that used this exact same mixer. You should refer back to your owners manual. That iPad controller can be password protected and no one with any device that doesn't have the password should be able to access it. We all use iPhones and I love the fact that I could control my own monitor mix. My iPhone couldn't accidentally access the main mixer section or any of my band mates monitor mix's.
#237504 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:49 pm
That makes sense - there shoudl be a security feature! They probalby need to make it default to 'on' so the dumbass musicians who use it have to engage it from day 1!
Kind of likehte automated traffic light signal things that's happening now - the manufacturers all provided a security feature, but the cities using the systems didn't turn on the security locks, so anyone with a laptop an d alittle knowledg ecould hack into them and start changing the red lights to green, etc!
#237507 by Cajundaddy
Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 pm
The ipad mixer is just the latest music tool. Like many tools you have to spend some time learning how to use it and control it. With a skill saw if you fail to learn to use the tool you might cut your fingers off. With the ipad rig you just lose your mix settings... fingers still intact. :idea: