This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#233405 by SilverUnplugged
Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
I have about 500 songs done in word and mostly in 18 font, all with the chords and words, and even the arrangement. I found that my memory isn't what it used to be so for each gig I figure out what songs I want to play for each set and place them in 4 binders (for each set). (No, the audience don't seem to mind that I am reading from music.) I find that this is getting more and more difficult, and a lot of work, especially when requests come in. Does anyone know of a sofware that I could take each word document and place it in something similar to a powerpoint presentation. This way I could click on the right arrow when I finish one song and go to the next right on my laptop. I also want to be able to stop in the middle if I have to and retrieve a requested song and then go back to the "slideshow." I'm hoping there is something out there that I could use the word documents and not have to convert them to .jpg. Any suggestions are appreciated!

#233448 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 12, 2014 1:12 pm
There is software to do this for tablets/iPads, it might work on a laptop. Look up 'onSong' - there are others too.
#237253 by SilverUnplugged
Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:47 am
Thanks for your input. I wound up going with MusicReader and I must say it is more than excellent. You can download a trial and work with it and the owner, Marco Leoné doesn't mind any questions and I had a bunch of them. He is a super guy. The company is out of the Netherlands. The software allows you to take a Word document and convert it to a PDF file. As I said, I have a lot of music and have programmed a lot of them so far. I also went with a very slim "all in one" touch screen computer that I mounted to a music stand. It is a 23" so I can see 2 pages at a time. All I have to do is touch the screen and it automatically goes to the next song. Simply amazing! What used to take 3 hours preparing the sets for a gig, now takes me 20 minutes!!! Unbelievable. I highly recommend it to any gigging musician. Any questions, feel free to ask. You can also email me at [email protected]. If you want to peruse the software, go to: http://www.musicreader.net/ It is well worth the money!

Music2U,
Silver