This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#231693 by autumn581128
Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:46 pm
I've been looking for a dueling pianist who wants to have a lot of fun involving the audience playing 60's & 70's music in chandler, AZ. I've played with a few other pianists but they have to have music and every song in the key that matches their voice. If there's any interest, please contact me. Also what are your opinions using a keyboard vs piano? Would it have the same effect and what keyboards work best for this kind of venue?

#231694 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:10 pm
What kind of venue? Unless you are using electronic pianos, you're not going to have fun moving a couple of real pianos around - also keeping them in concert pitch tuning to each other.

#231704 by J-HALEY
Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:19 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:What kind of venue? Unless you are using electronic pianos, you're not going to have fun moving a couple of real pianos around - also keeping them in concert pitch tuning to each other.

Here in Houston there is a very popular piano bar. It is based on the dueling piano format. They have these huge dummy grand pianos and they set a keyboard synthesizer inside it. They take requests from the audience. Most songs they don't play the same as originally recorded just the basic structure. They play university football fight songs like say the Aggies song and a UT alumn will say I'll pay you $20.00 to stop playing that song. They work the crowd and make serious bank in tips. Like $500.00 a night.