This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#227800 by Cajundaddy
Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 am
Recording technology has been advancing at the speed of sound since Les Paul was doing sound-on-sound tapes in the back seat of his car with Mary Ford. It will continue so choose your weapon and jump in the game or sit comfortably on the sidelines.

Remember that recording is a skill and the best, most modern gear is only a tool to make quality recordings possible. The greatest variable is the loose spacer behind the controls.

#230895 by michel5837
Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Hi,

I do have an ACER A210 Android tablet with Audio evolution software. This make a quite capable multi tracks recorder .... for recording ideas at a low price.
The fact is that Android have some discrepancies at the audio stage (at least up to 4.1 which is my version). You 'll have jitter and latency which are more or less compensated (due to the heterogeneous nature of the android platforms, it is quite difficult to predict how good the audio support will be) So sadly I have to say that apple is the way to go (even if I hate their elitist behaviour!).

Cheers