This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9388 by FattyAcids
Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:00 pm
My band is playing a gig soon... but problem.. we have no mic or sound equipment... what all do we need??? and it needs to be cheap, but decent in quality... we're all broke... thanks guys :lol:

#9392 by RhythmMan
Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:11 am
You say you've got a gig, but no sound equipment? You're joking, right?
#9812 by Teauxni
Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:01 pm
yeah.. we changed the name... but still no sound equipment... i know nothing about it.. i don't even know what a crossover is.. and neither do n.e of the other guys... our gig is in like 3 weeks... i'm whiggin out!!!! :shock:

#9816 by mistermikev
Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:06 pm
ok don't panic... you don't have to have a crossover and to keep costs down I wouldn't worry about it...
you need at least one set of speakers, (you'd be better off with some monitors too in a perfect world - if you can't get em... just make sure the spkrs are behind the band and you'll be ok) and a pa head at minimum.
I'd check out sonic for spkr cabs = cheap but decent (made in WI!)
you could go with a mixer and power amp... or youcan get a "pa head" wich is a combo of the two... try music go round. Go to there website (www.musicgoround.com) and you can find one near you... they have used gear.
You'll need a min of enough channels/mics to acommodate however many singers you have. Depending on how big the venue is you may wanna patch gtr, bass, and drums thru the pa for xtra vol. I'd say you need ruffly 400w to play a small to med bar. If it's outside you wanna dbl that.
I'd look for sure beta or sandl mics = under $75 and decent qty live.
sure sm57 is good or sm58 too.

there's my 2cents.
mv

#9818 by Teauxni
Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 pm
thanks ... i've really been spazzin!!!!