This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#221353 by mistermikev
Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:49 am
I would guestimate yes. He apparently had one in his chain that night and it def sounds like that "telltale somewhere between a chorus and phaser" tone. (DISCLAIMER: no hendrix expert here by any means)

#221365 by jw123
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm
SPEAK OF THE DEVIL, I got a new little catalog from GC yesterday there was this micro polyphonic guitar synth pedal, cant remember the name, but it said it would make your guitar sound like an organ, I left it at home and marked it so Im gonna check it out.

#221368 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 pm
I haven't heard it, but what about this Electro-harmonix Superego pedal: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... ects-pedal

#221373 by jw123
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:53 pm
That looks pretty cool Mike.

Im just looking for something wacky!

That might be the ticket.

#221374 by jw123
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 pm
Mike check this one out, it might be more what Im looking for.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... ductDetail

dwarfcraft-thumping-double-squaresnakes?????

Man thats a mouthfull, I want that damn thing on my pedal board just for the name, what pedal is that Bubba?

Why that there is my thumping squaresnakes pedal!

Damn Im in love already, bet is sounds like crap!

#221401 by mistermikev
Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:14 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Ocp--eTFg
I'm a bit confused by this pedal, seems like just oscillators that are in no way controlled by the gtr... then he clicks something in a bit later that sounds neat, but I'm not sure it's the same pedal? I dunno, not for me really but maybe this is a bad demo?

#221405 by jw123
Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:27 pm
Sounds like a sitar pedal to me.

I went to gc today and picked up a EH Superego Synth Engine but I DONT REALLY LIKE IT. I THINK IM JUST GONNA GET A ROLAND SYNTH GUITAR SETUP. Sorry Im yelling im on my phone and havent got the feel for it yet

#221407 by mistermikev
Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 am
nice, one can have a lot of fun with a gtr synth.
I had a gr series ages ago but could never get past the latency. Nowadays I would guess they have come a long way. I played around with a vst guitar to midi converter a while back and it seemed much better than I remember the gr to be. You'll have to keep us posted on what you get and how you like it.

cheers,

#221410 by jw123
Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm
Well this morning I started looking around the house at all the guitars Ive accumulated, and I think I may just get rid of a few of them, when I was at GC yesterday I picked up one of those EVH guitars, you know the frankenstien guitar, with the stripes and played it, and it felt good, so I may try to trade for one of those, just to have it.

#221415 by Starfish Scott
Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:42 pm
JW you got anything with a bigsby on it?

I always wanted one but I hate tremolos.
I used to play with this guy that was near ancient and he used to tell em that a good guitarist can do anything a tremolo can with only his hand.

Now I flatten out every tremolo I use and the ones with the specialty stuff go unused. I have a nice Ibanez RG550 from 1987 but I just don't bother with it and that edge tremolo is a joke.

#221428 by mistermikev
Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 pm
jw... sounds like someone has G.A.S.!

starfish... I know you didn't ask me so forgive my narcissism:
I have an epi es295 w a bigsby... it def has a dif feel from other trems. I agree that many things can be accomplished similarly w/o a trem... but it's tuff to do that "sleepwalk" tremolo w/o a bigsby.

#221431 by jw123
Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 am
Capt I have a LP studio, a washburn. Acoustic electric and epephone sheraton I may try to get rid of

No bigsbys

#221439 by Starfish Scott
Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 pm
Mike, don't be so touchy. "It's all good in the bmix hood".

Anyone that has a Bigsby is welcome or even played one.
I was just thinking that a tele with a Bigsby might be right for my next weapon of war or maybe a Gretsch.

I am thinking that people might not be so alarmed by it.

I saw someone cringe looking at a LP that some guy was about to play and I laughed. I was like, "are you afraid of the tremolo or the LP"?

He's like, "what's a tremolo"? LOL

And Scott will due unless you don't like using Scott.
Some drunk chick wanted to call me Steve, I was like "whatever floats your boat".

#221447 by mistermikev
Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 pm
sorry, just fumbling over the excitement of talking about bigsbys I guess!

#221449 by Starfish Scott
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:55 am
Relax we all like the the hardware guy or equivalent thereof.

How else do we find out about what's good vs what's junk?

I am anti-guitar center and anti-sam ash as well.

Been going to NYC to shop pawn shops, but even if you find something it's over priced now and that's just plain ole wrong..