This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9179 by Man the Guns
Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:24 pm
Hey I'm thinking of getting a gibson nighthawk and didn't know if anyone else here has played one and what they thought. Any comments or advice is greatly appriciated!

#9626 by mistermikev
Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:33 pm
I've played many. The obl pickups they come with are really nice: it's a shame obl isn't more popular. The nighthawk is an odd little gibson. I loved them... but they didn't do well and that's why gibson stoped making them. On the up side you'll get a hell of a guitar for cheap... on the down side they don't hold their value and will likely never acrue any real value among collectors. I love semihollow guitars and the nighthawk is no exception... very nice tone... I'd mess wih the wring a bit tho... a lot could easily be done by adding a push pul pot on the tone know... perhaps a phase switch... wiretap... capacitor switch...
The neck on those things is a bit of a club... but I liked the rigidity you get out of them.
A fair market value would be about $400-$650 IMO... and depending on the model,condition. As I recal they sold for right around $700-$1100 new... but like I said they lost value quick because they are a stray from the "standard" les paul.