This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#8764 by Man the Guns
Sun May 20, 2007 11:13 pm
I have a Digitech RP100 pedal and the input jack on the pedal is bad. I don't think any local music store could fix it but I don't know. I think I should call the manufacturing company and see if they can replace it. What should I do? What will be cheapest? Any info helps, thanks!
#8800 by AJ6stringsting
Tue May 22, 2007 4:08 am
I own a RP-1 and RP-12.both are great (infact Digitechs best ever), but since they stop making them and I needed help in the maintenance of the RP-1, they treated me like a ophan on his 18th birthday.......serious!!! :evil: :(

#8807 by RhythmMan
Tue May 22, 2007 1:50 pm
Input jacks are fairly standard, and should be easy to replace.
But you probably just have a broken wire or a cold solder joint.
Any competant electronics-guy should be able to easily fix it in 10 minutes.
As a matter of fact - why don't you open it up yourself, and take a real close look at it?
You might be able to fix it yourself. What have you got to lose?
Good luck.

#8810 by mistermikev
Tue May 22, 2007 3:19 pm
had the sm prob on my 2112 after blasting the input with my halfler t3... brought to a digitech certified repair shop and the work they did was hillarious. samich is right... just find a willing local guy... I paid $150 to have the 'certified digitech' repairman cut a hole in the pc board and dump a glob of solder on wire he attached to a standard jack... only two leads... three if it is balanced - shouldn't be a big deal... especially if you call digitech and get the part form them.
mv

#8845 by Werewolf67
Wed May 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Or just visit good old RatShack (Radio Shack), get a soldering iron, solder, a bit of wire, and maybe a 1/4" jack if you need it.

I've been doing my own work for years.