This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#174223 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Picked it up Saturday night!

#174488 by GuitarMikeB
Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 pm
Heluva lot brighter sound than my old Epi with a pickup thrown in the soundhole. I'm going to reserve the Epi for recording now.

Also got a 4 channel DOD 240 resistance mixer - non powered - that lets me plug 3 guitars + keys into it, with 1 ouput to my amp for live use. No more swapping cables out during a set, unless I need more than 3 guitars in that set (try to arrange the sets so that's not needed!)
This way each instrument can be set with its own volume control so that swapping instruments doesn't mean re-setting the master volume on the amp, but I can still make small adjustments from the guitar or keyboard volume controls.
The same mixer could be used if you had A/B switch(s) for different FX pedals chains.

#190679 by Locorogue
Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:06 am
At this point with my gas, i just tell my wife that i will sell one if i get a new one. Works for me. The problem is selling a guitar, it's easy to buy one, harder to sell one, lol. So i have a bunch for sale on Craigslist. Maybe i'll post them here as well...

#199823 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:54 pm
A friend picked up a nylon-string classical guitar last week. on sale as a 'blem' from Music123.
His wife was not happy (considering his closet full of guitar cases).
I mentioned this to my wife - who repeatedly tells me 'no more guitars' - and she wants to form a support group for wives whose husbands have G.A.S.! Then she also said she wouldn't be mad if I brought another guitar home ... :roll:

#199829 by jw123
Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 pm
Funny Ive looked at a couple of new guitars recently and my wife says get whatever you want, but for some reason I havent bought one yet.

The other day I went into GC and spent about 30 minutes playing a Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus, just a cheap Tele, but with the humbucker, strat and tele pickups it could get just about any tone I would want out of a guitar.

Of course I hooked it up to the black faced Tiny Terror and had a blast.

But dont know if I will add a Tele or not, but for anyone wanting a versatile lower priced guitar, you might want to check one of these out, it got a great clean sound, and all the way up into the metal zone tone area.

#199863 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:08 pm
Those Tele's are damn cheap ($375), must be made in China at that price. 5-way pickup selector makes for interesting combos (strat-mid/humbucker, tele-lead/strat-mid).
I like the sound of my Tele's rhythm pickup, though - not the original, but a hot alnico one. I had to screw the thing down deep as far as it woud go because the volume was much louder than the original lead pickup.
BTW, my Tele cost $289 includng hard shell case back when I bought it new in 72. Wish I had a time machine to go back and buy a few more!

#199881 by jw123
Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 pm
Mike when I think I want something I dont just go get it, go play it once, twice, three times before I make a decision, guess Im a discreminate buyer these days, LOL.

But that Tele got my attention for the price, I didnt even look to see where it was made, but it just felt and sounded good. It made me want to play and experiment with the various pickup combos, and i guess thats what any musical thing should do is make you want to play it.

#199899 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 pm
Hey JW, I was just listening to CYber Outlaw..pretty cool.

(sorry no hijack intended)

#220893 by AJ6stringsting
Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:47 pm
I got 14 guitars and when i get a new guitar my Woman just rolls her eyes. A few years ago she crabbed at me, I just told her ( I was kidding), at least I'm not blowing my money on my girl friend !!!! ..... she stopped crabbing, at least my money ain't going to drugs or anything negative.