This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#170886 by Dave Watson
Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:52 am
Hi...need help appraising an old Fender lead 75 amp from the 80's. Has a 80's evm 15L speaker and original footswitch. This was a head I put in a high quality combo...finger jointed birch...fender tolex with casters. Trying to sell but can't find many examples on eBay to price from...or they vary wildely. If anyone has experience with its value it bartered for one recently I would appreciate any advice. And please don't post your low ball deal or how you got it for free from an uncle,lol...looking for market value info. Thanks again...
Last edited by Dave Watson on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#170902 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:12 pm
1980's Fender 75 combo, silver face, 1975 with (1) 15" EV speaker?

$300-500

#170904 by Dave Watson
Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:20 pm
Blackface...it was a ed jahns / Paul Rivera era amp.

#170908 by jw123
Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:46 pm
somewhere between 300 and 600

#170917 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 pm
eww Rivera?

Oof hopefully that sounds pretty decent..

I avoid those like the plague.

#170939 by Tennessee Jedi
Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 pm
There are 2 '75's on Ebay right now
A head ....
and a 1 x 12
for market value
:D
I would like to try one of those bad boys out.

#170962 by Dave Watson
Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 pm
Hey thanks for the feedback everyone..I saw some of the ebay listings but wanted some field info. Trivia: This amp was designed prior to Paul Rivera, it is ultra-linear, also the first channel switching tube amp from fender I believe, to go after Mesa Boogie. Paul Rivera claims no involvement, I just wanted to quickly sum up the era it came from to assist those not knowledgable (absolutely not silverface). The owner of pigtronix is offering me (2) of any pedals they make for trade, just wondering if I am short-changing myself. thanks again

#170972 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 am
take the faqing pedals.. lol

#171023 by jw123
Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm
Cold Ive bought and sold a lot of amps,. and at times traded them to me an amp is only worth what someone will pay you for it, and what you are willing to take for it.

I dont know anything about the pedals you mention, but if you dont want the amp and you feel its some sort of fair trade for your amp then go for it, the other alternate is just put the amp on Craigslist or E-Bay and see if you get any offers.

I traded of a Mesa Roadster Combo recently to get my daughter a really nice keyboard, they credited me $900 for the amp, if I had sold it I would have asked around $1500 for it, and taken $1200, I just didnt want to fool with going thru all the non serious buyers and went ahead and traded it.

Thinking about your amp I would try to sell it in the $600 range and probably trade in the $400 range, but thats just me.

Good Luck

#171041 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:29 pm
Take JW's advice and list it on CL and ebay with a minimum bid reflecting what you really would like (remember you're going to lose 11% to ebay and paypal fees). I sold my 68/69 Fender Bandmaster and 2-12 cabinet last year that way - the cabinet on ebay from a guy who had a friend pick it up since he was in NY, and the head from a local guy.
Not as much money as I had hoped, but as I had no way to use them as they were (head needed tubes, sound was no good for doing the recording I was doing, and both were in 'very used' physical condition), I took the sales and bought an amp I could use!

#171084 by Dave Watson
Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 am
I have had it in craigslist for a few weeks at a low price...that's where this trade opportunity came up. Wasn't getting any cash offers at $450...thought I would just get some opinions before I do anything. I've sold many amps also but this amp has gone for $250 to $800 depending where I looked...pigtronix has a high reputation ...very expensive also....but I have never used any...this amp is just so dang heavy but sounds great...just collecting dust next to other amps. thanks again for useful replies...

#171093 by gbheil
Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:58 am
Coldfront wrote:I have had it in craigslist for a few weeks at a low price...that's where this trade opportunity came up. Wasn't getting any cash offers at $450...thought I would just get some opinions before I do anything. I've sold many amps also but this amp has gone for $250 to $800 depending where I looked...pigtronix has a high reputation ...very expensive also....but I have never used any...this amp is just so dang heavy but sounds great...just collecting dust next to other amps. thanks again for useful replies...

If there is any way to try the pedals before doing a trade I'd work it that way dude.
Pedals take up less space but they collect dust pretty good themselves if they don't fit a need.

#171096 by Dave Watson
Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 am
yeah...the Guy is the president and will bring any pedals I want to try to my door...completely agree about the functionality aspects...but I also don't think this amp.is going to appreciate that much more in my lifetime either as far as investment purposes.

#171334 by gbheil
Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 pm
Coldfront wrote:yeah...the Guy is the president and will bring any pedals I want to try to my door...completely agree about the functionality aspects...but I also don't think this amp.is going to appreciate that much more in my lifetime either as far as investment purposes.

I have a discontinued Les Paul version I'll not separate with for exactly the same reason.
Bound to appreciate in value over time.

You just never know.

In 1979 I sold a 65 Mustang for $700.00 ... :?