This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#168898 by SRVLIVES
Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:17 pm
Any opinions on what Humbuckers I should install in my new Blacktop Tele ?? Id like to put a 5 position blade in it & coil tap 2 humbuckers. Need to cover everything from clean country to heavy metal !!

#168969 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:27 pm
For a clean country sound, you'll do much better with the Standard Tele's single coil pickups. I never could understand putting humbuckers on a Tele (having owned a 72 standard since it was new!)

#168972 by jw123
Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:54 pm
My suggestion would be to get a different guitar, instead of changing the tele, or have a couple of guitars. But thats just me, I really dont like changing pickups.

Good Luck

#168998 by J-HALEY
Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:28 pm
I agree get a strat with HSS pickups. Nothing sounds like a Tele its almost sacrilige to mess with that guitar. A tele just kind of sounds like a BEAST when you distort them with a nice tube saturation and SO SWEET when played through a clean amp! :shock:

Its your guitar. :wink:

#169191 by Cajundaddy
Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:40 pm
Yep, a good Telecaster just has a great voice that stands out in a crowd. You can cover nearly anything on them but a second axe would give you more versatility and take you much deeper into the metal zone. (Gibson SG, Ibanez, Hamer, PRS etc)