This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4802 by shlapenzdrums
Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:46 am
how does axis double kisk compare to dw 9000 series?

#5274 by Raymond_
Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:38 pm
Depends, the Axis pedals are really for the drummers who need speed, anyway, it is kind of hard to work with them. Because they are high technology made and because of that very expensive. The DW 9000 is more the pedal for the alround drummer, smooth and easy to control. I would prefer the 9000 above the Axis. A lot of ppl also complain about the Axis, they can't get control it because it works so extemely light. You have to understand that if you are used to pedals like the Iron Cobra or the Eliminator, (that is my personal choice) that you can play without any problems. Once again the Axis is a phenomonal pedal if you understand it and can read it but it is kind of hard to control.

#5655 by Harbour Sound
Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:05 pm
Axis pedals are extremely hard wearing, never let you down and, if adjusted properly, can give good control over a wide spectrum of uses.

I personally prefer the 5002 TD3 to the 9002 as I just feel it is constructed better, a total workhorse, never let me down at gig time.

Check the Trick Pro 1V for a mega pedal alternative.

Geo.
#10107 by cutaway79
Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:24 am
I used Axis double pedals for a short while, and while I love the feeling and response of them, the drive shaft that operates the "slave" beater tends to loosen and get all wobbly. I had to have Axis replace that piece three times during a two month tour. VERY annoying. Especially when it gets all loose in the middle of a show.

The DW pedals to me are an entirely different beast. They give a good amount of power, but are very sluggish in their response.

The best pedal I have found so far is the Sonor Giant Step. Yes, they are kinda pricey. But they are very quick and smooth.

-Chris

myspace.com/porcelaingunfight