This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#93563 by philbymon
Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:36 pm
I find it rather useful to just learn the songs, myself. I have used cheat sheets on the rare occasion, but I only put a few phrases on the sheets to prompt me, in Sharpie, & it works okay for me.

#93569 by repressthecadence
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:07 pm
Honestly, I'm not sure, but have you tried the obvious places like eBay and craigslist? If you haven't, you might be able to find something there. But yeah, learning the songs' lyrics is best unless there's some reason you can't.

#93597 by gbheil
Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 pm
We have had them scrolled on a big screen up behind us for the audience before. Was a computerised program.... sorry I'm no geek and was too busy bustin on my axe to see what system they used.
Was pretty cool however. 8)

#93627 by philbymon
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:05 pm
There's any number of karaoke style teleprompters out there. Why not just use one of them?

#93718 by Ryan_Strain
Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 am
There's a perfectly good one built into your brain...It's called memory!
#93720 by Chippy
Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:28 pm
A friend of mine had a setup like this which was useful frankly. It tied everyone up, even new people that just popped in since everyone could see where they were.

I understand you NEED to KNOW your parts but I still think it had a place at rehearsals to be honest. For a start it stopped the need for people questioning which chord was used where which was also displayed. Sorry this doesn't help much does it. :cry:

BernieDude wrote:Where can I find a lyrics teleprompter? Has anyone found a decent program that will scroll lyrics for the whole band?

#93760 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
KARREEEOOOKKKEEEEE lol

"release the hounds"

#94455 by mwfrick
Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:23 am
you might just try using a laptop and a powerpoint slideshow as a solution

#97300 by D38
Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 pm
Do singers ever learn all their words? Discuss.

#97303 by Robin1
Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:35 pm
I try to. Sometimes even though you know them inside and out, you can still get that ole damn brain fart! That is part of live performing. Just do the best you can, don't let them see that you are sweating over missed lyrics, most times people don't even know.

Good luck and if you do find one, let us know what it is and roughly the cost LOL

Who knows, I might just want one as my old brain keeps losing brain cells as I age. :)

#97418 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:25 pm
lol You are supposed to learn all the words, but if you drop a line you are expected to cover up and get through it even if you are ad libbing like a mfer.

The moral is if no one knows about it, it didn't happen.

"we planed it this way" "did you like it" "you did?" "well we intended it that way" (snicker)

#111698 by Metal D
Sun May 16, 2010 3:34 am
philbymon wrote:I find it rather useful to just learn the songs, myself. I have used cheat sheets on the rare occasion, but I only put a few phrases on the sheets to prompt me, in Sharpie, & it works okay for me.

This. I used to play in a band where the singer would get so f*cked-up that he needed the lyrics in front of him, taped to the back of the center monitor. Pretty damn gay and embarassing to the rest of the band to say the least... :shock:
#290408 by Paul from The Tabs
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 pm
Hey, a great lyric promoter is the Stageprompter. It is a teleprompter for musicians that allows you to display the lyrics or guitar chords on a hidden screen. It looks like a audio wedge monitor. More info here https://www.stageprompter.co.uk

https://www.stageprompter.co.uk/

:D