This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Ever hear of "Roger Mayer" effects?

55%
45%

#104495 by Shredd6
Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 am
Model Name Classic Vibe Telecaster® Custom

Body Alder
Bridge Vintage Style Strings-Thru-Body Tele® Bridge with 3 Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
Machine Heads Vintage Style Tuning Machines
Hardware Chrome
Unique Features Double-Bound Body,
“C” Shape Maple Neck,
Synthetic Bone Nut

Model Name Classic Vibe Telecaster® ‘50s

Body Pine
Bridge Vintage Style Strings-Thru-Body Tele Bridge with 3 Brass Barrel Saddles
Unique Features “C” Shape Maple Neck,
Synthetic Bone Nut

Model Name Classic Vibe Stratocaster® ‘60s

Body Alder
Bridge Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Hardware Chrome
Synthetic Bone Nut

Model Name Classic Vibe Stratocaster® ‘50s

Body Alder
Bridge Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Synthetic Bone Nut

Model Name J5 Telecaster®

Body Alder
Neck Maple, Modern “C” Shape,
Bridge 6-Saddle Tele® Bridge with Humbucking Pickup Cutout
Machine Heads Standard Die-Cast Tuners
Hardware Chrome/Stainless Steel
Bound Top and Back,
Synthetic Bone Nut

mistermikev wrote:you'd still have to contend with:

mistermikev wrote:bone nut vs plastic???

All of these Squiers are using Synthetic bone, the same as new Fender AVRI.

mistermikev wrote:stamped bridgeplate

Not exactly sure how you know this.

mistermikev wrote:neck grain is rarely tight

100% baseless and inaccurate. Prove it.

mistermikev wrote:neck pocket is cut loose as a goose 1/2 the time

Fenders have the same problem from time to time. Just saw a post about it on a Fender forum today. Still 100% baseless, and generalized possibly to entry level Squiers.

http://www.fender.com/community/forums/ ... hp?t=36194

mistermikev wrote:6 piece agathis body vs 2-3piece basswood or alder
amer stds typically have one solid chunk of wood from the pickup cavity upward vs squires with glue joints right in the 'tone zone'

I can prove that even my Bullet has a solid piece going right through the center. So do all of mine that I can tell. Once again 100% baseless and inaccurate. None of those guitars are using agathis, all alder, and dense Pine on the CV 50's Tele, which has a character much like ash. How do I know this? I have a degree in woodworking.

mistermikev wrote:fretwork is much better on americans

Absolutely generalized and baseless. I have Squiers that have fretwork every bit as good as high cost Fenders . Straight, no buzzes, level, beveled smooth, crowned and set as well as just about anything I've laid my hands on. This is only your opinion, and so far you're tanking hard.

mistermikev wrote:by the time you level the frets, replace the nut(very important IMO), adjust the neck twenty times cause the wood isn't very rigid - then you strip the nut cause they used cheap chines metal on the truss and the bolt, replace the tuners, replace the string trees, replace the pots/jacks/wire/pickups/switches, replace the saddles (lets leave the crappy stamped bridge plate in just for argument)... you could have bought an american -they sell used for $450 all over the place.... or better yet... a warmoth/stewmac/allparts and american make it yourself.

I've never had to re-level frets on any of my Squiers that came new or barely used. The only guitar necks I have that need it are an 80's Squier HM, and my Fender Strat Plus Deluxe. Both due to heavy use.

No need to replace the nut. They are the same Fender uses for $2,000 guitars.

Nice fantasy on the neck adjustment idea. No proof of rigidity in the necks. Baseless and inaccurate opinion. None of mine need any more than my Fenders, and a 1/4 turn is all that's needed either way. Maybe once or twice a year, just like all of my guitars that get use. Haven't stripped a bolt yet.

You could replace the tuners if you want. I haven't had any problems there either. If it stays in tune, it's good for me, and My stagemasters are FR with lock nuts. No need for a change there either. String trees are no different than what came with my AVRI.

I'd replace the pickups on most Fenders anyway. Not a big fan of a lot of them. Pots, switches, not a big cost.

The CV Teles are coming with Brass and Steel saddles. Not sure why you would want to change that.

I bought my CV for $260 tax free, shipped free, NEW, and all that was needed was to change the pickups and guts. Another $90 and I have basically a Fender with the sound I want for $350. That's why GC stopped stocking them here in Vegas.

Is it worth some tuners and a bridge-block (you have no proof that the plate or saddles are any different on a CV than a low level Fender) to spend more on an American low level guitar instead?? The cheapest AM NEW Fender is $499+tax, + the pickup upgrade, would have cost me $625. If you feel like spending $275 for some tuners, and a Bridge block, be my guest. Like I said before, Fender loves you.

Model Name: Standard Stratocaster®

Body: Alder
Neck: Maple, Modern “C” Shape,
Pickups: 3 Standard Single-Coil Strat® Pickups (Ceramic Magnets)
Bridge: Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Machine Heads: Fender®/Ping® Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
Parchment Plastic Parts

Only difference between that and a $800 AM Special??

Model Name: American Special Stratocaster®
Body: Alder
Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape,
Bridge: Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Machine Heads: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines

** Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit,
** 3 Texas Special™ Pickups,

3 Texas Specials, a few more caps and 10 minutes more of wiring time for $300. I can get better results for $80.

So once again... Talking completely out of your ass!!

#104505 by mistermikev
Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm
Shredd6 wrote:All of these Squiers are using Synthetic bone, the same as new Fender AVRI.
!

frankly I would still change synthetic bone... I didn't realize they were making americans using it.

soa the classic vibe squire is almost $400 new... if you are telling me you would buy that over a used american for about the sm amount of money you are silly - if for no other reason than the resale value...

Shredd6 wrote:How do I know this? I have a degree in woodworking.

you sound like starr jones "I'm a lawyer"
I have a degree in software engineering... it took more than 2 years to get... I worked as a custom cab maker for several years prior to getting into school and put myself thru school partially on the money I made building custom cabs/bars/etc. I worked right next to a guy who had a woodworking degree... so I know how little this would qualify you as an expert on wood grain.

Shredd6 wrote:
mistermikev wrote:stamped bridgeplate

Not exactly sure how you know this.

look it up on wikipedia... all the american stuff is forged not stamped. Some say this makes a big difference in tone.

Shredd6 wrote:
mistermikev wrote:neck grain is rarely tight

100% baseless and inaccurate. Prove it.

they don't cure squires... they cut em and build em... the american stuff is cured min 5years... the custom shop stuff can be cured 10 years and more... you are aware of the curing process and how it effects wood right?

Shredd6 wrote:
mistermikev wrote:neck pocket is cut loose as a goose 1/2 the time

Fenders have the same problem from time to time. Just saw a post about it on a Fender forum today. Still 100% baseless, and generalized possibly to entry level Squiers.

I'm not sure you know what baseless means... if something is true to some degree it is not baseless... it is 'based on truth'.
It may be true for americans too to some degree... and you would think with cnc routers it wouldn't be a big problem... but board shrinkage and uncured wood, as well as sloppy tolerance qc result in this far more frequently in squires - as you can witness walking into any gtr center with and OPEN MIND.

Shredd6 wrote:
mistermikev wrote:6 piece agathis body vs 2-3piece basswood or alder
amer stds typically have one solid chunk of wood from the pickup cavity upward vs squires with glue joints right in the 'tone zone'

I can prove that even my Bullet has a solid piece going right through the center. So do all of mine that I can tell.

not saying it never happens... you must have done a good job picking them... good for you. still the american will typically be 1 peice from the pickup cavity north... while the squire will be several pieces.

Shredd6 wrote:Once again 100% baseless and inaccurate. None of those guitars are using agathis, all alder, and dense Pine on the CV 50's Tele, which has a character much like ash. How do I know this? I have a degree in woodworking.

ah, I see... because those 10 - the most expensive squires they make... don't use agathis... that makes my claim 'baseless' ? It is a well known fact that the overwhelming majority of squires use agathis.

Shredd6 wrote:
mistermikev wrote:fretwork is much better on americans

Absolutely generalized and baseless. I have Squiers that have fretwork every bit as good as high cost Fenders . Straight, no buzzes, level, beveled smooth, crowned and set as well as just about anything I've laid my hands on. This is only your opinion, and so far you're tanking hard.

again, you've got your head in the sand if you can't admit that walking into the avg gtr center you won't find more squires with ugly frets than americans... fender even admits this as a selling point on their americans.

Shredd6 wrote:I've never had to re-level frets on any of my Squiers that came new or barely used. The only guitar necks I have that need it are an 80's Squier HM, and my Fender Strat Plus Deluxe. Both due to heavy use.

again, congratulations... perhaps you picked a winner. still stamped and cheap metal... still crap electronics, still 6 piece body, still uncured wood which will typically have loose grain and will need adjustment more than cured wood.

Shredd6 wrote:No need to replace the nut. They are the same Fender uses for $2,000 guitars.

Nice fantasy on the neck adjustment idea. No proof of rigidity in the necks. Baseless and inaccurate opinion. None of mine need any more than my Fenders, and a 1/4 turn is all that's needed either way. Maybe once or twice a year, just like all of my guitars that get use. Haven't stripped a bolt yet.

I have a mightymite neck - you may or may not be aware that this is made by cort - formerly cortez - the company that makes all the korean made strats - or at least did until fender pulled the line...
this is a pbass neck and needs adjustment quite frequently...I used to work at a music store for several years... we saw this same thing on the wall ever day... squire/cort/mexi fenders would need constant adjustment while americans tended to stay fairly set most of the year.

Shredd6 wrote:You could replace the tuners if you want. I haven't had any problems there either. If it stays in tune, it's good for me, and My stagemasters are FR with lock nuts. No need for a change there either. String trees are no different than what came with my AVRI.

I'd replace the pickups on most Fenders anyway. Not a big fan of a lot of them. Pots, switches, not a big cost.

good pots cost $12 ea, good switch will run you $18, good 22awg bonded wire will run you $5 for 25', switchcraft jacks are about $2, good caps(mallory or sprague) $2ea, so to do it RIGHT it's about $60.

Shredd6 wrote:The CV Teles are coming with Brass and Steel saddles. Not sure why you would want to change that.

I bought my CV for $260 tax free, shipped free, NEW, and all that was needed was to change the pickups and guts. Another $90 and I have basically a Fender with the sound I want for $350. That's why GC stopped stocking them here in Vegas.

I can see you have very discriminating taste as you would buy a gtr w/o ever playing that specific gtr... I would never do that.

Shredd6 wrote:Is it worth some tuners and a bridge-block (you have no proof that the plate or saddles are any different on a CV than a low level Fender) to

wikipedia even knows:
"Squier usually uses woods readily available in those countries, such as agathis"
"They also use stamped metal hardware and multiple pieces of wood in construction to prevent waste and to lower costs."
I guess your argument is baseless then?

Shredd6 wrote:spend more on an American low level guitar instead?? The cheapest AM NEW Fender is $499+tax, + the pickup upgrade, would have cost me $625. If you feel like spending $275 for some tuners, and a Bridge block, be my guest. Like I said before, Fender loves you.

nice how you sidestep the fact that your squire is several pieces of wood, stamped metal parts, still need to replace the nut, terrible fretwork, uncured wood, many of them are agathis, the electronics would cost you $60 to do right, a new bridge would cost you $50, new tuners - $50... and then figure in your labor... so you squire cost you as much as an american but will never hold it's value even close. The minute you played it it was worth maybe $140.

#104783 by Shredd6
Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 am
You are the king of exaggeration. I will give you that.

It's easy to see where this is headed. You're already starting to compare entry level Bullets to Custom Shop Fenders now..

You know, the best way to actually back up your arguments by personal presentation. In due time you'll hear my Squiers in action, our album is almost finished.

In the meantime, maybe we can take a listen to the presentation of the Lord Of Tone of Bandmix. The all knowing of all that is technical and of tone. The man with the bionic ears that can hear .00001% of tone sucking.

To anyone who happens to read this far, you can go here:

http://www.bandmix.com/mistermikev/

And you can hear the master in action. See if it Suits You. I do hope it suits you.

Tone-wise, it's about a stones throw away from "The Writer"s tone. You're right Mike. I concede. I'm a fool. How could I ever doubt such a tone master at anything? Please forgive me. I had no idea.

What did you do? Use $30,000 in equipment to record it? If that's all I have to beat, maybe I'll just record my Bullet through a practice amp and a cell-phone and get it over with.

#104789 by mistermikev
Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 pm
Shredd6 wrote:You are the king of exaggeration. I will give you that.

It's easy to see where this is headed. You're already starting to compare entry level Bullets to Custom Shop Fenders now..

You know, the best way to actually back up your arguments by personal presentation. In due time you'll hear my Squiers in action, our album is almost finished.

In the meantime, maybe we can take a listen to the presentation of the Lord Of Tone of Bandmix. The all knowing of all that is technical and of tone. The man with the bionic ears that can hear .00001% of tone sucking.

To anyone who happens to read this far, you can go here:

http://www.bandmix.com/mistermikev/

And you can hear the master in action. See if it Suits You. I do hope it suits you.

Tone-wise, it's about a stones throw away from "The Writer"s tone. You're right Mike. I concede. I'm a fool. How could I ever doubt such a tone master at anything? Please forgive me. I had no idea.

What did you do? Use $30,000 in equipment to record it? If that's all I have to beat, maybe I'll just record my Bullet through a practice amp and a cell-phone and get it over with.

I don't know why everything's got to be so personal with you shredd... maybe because that's what you resort to when you can't win an argument.

you say your a woodworker but then you aren't aware of any advantage of letting wood cure???

you say you have superior taste when it comes to selecting a gtr yet you mail order one???

how do you think chinese cabinets compare to american ones? Are they equal... do you tell your customers at your REAL JOB that these chinese cabinets are every bit as good as american made ones? No wonder you can only afford a squire.

if you want to do personal attacks on music now... that's fine... cause I've heard your band.
same three reggae triads over and over. not a decent guitar riff to be heard.
your band sounds like sublime... only without the talent...

For the record the song of mine you refer to was recorded in 99'. I didn't even have one pedal back then, but I stand behind it as a well written song with a lot of potential and better gtr playing (even ten years ago) then we are likely to hear from you in the next ten years.

so lets summarize... first you said "there is absolutely no difference between true bypass and buffered byapss", then you retreated to "there is a difference but it's hardly audible", then you couldn't back up that arguments so you thought you'd retreat to more defendable ground... nos tubes. when I schooled you about that subject you retreated to "I'm a cabinet maker so I know more about wood"... when I made arguments you couldn't counter there... you bring up your "degree", and when I pointed out that your degree and a nikel will get you a nikel gumbal you moved on to musical performance.
where you gonna run to next shredd?

You say I exaggerate, but here you are saying that I say I can hear .00001 when everyone but you concedes that there is a subtle but audible difference in buffered vs tb.
I've repeatedly admitted that you can make a squire play just as good as a fender, but have gone on to point out the legitimate differences that keep them from ever being equal... and when you loose that argument you have to retreat to yet another subject.

#104821 by Dewy
Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:06 pm
Shredd... you dissin the man who HAS posted music?

Look dude, no one said you suck... no one disagreed that YOU could turn a Squire into a Knight of a guitar.

I even went so far as to agree with you that the difference makes a bigger difference in some scenerio's than others... and that you point has merit.

Can you just back up a bit and look for something Mike said that you can agree with? Because frankly you look like an @$$ in this thread. A Great Man, Duane Allman said "Everyone's good folk and @$$holes. If they like you, they're good folk... if they don't, they act like @$$holes."

Trying to shred everyone who disagrees with you is going to be a tough row to hoe.

#104859 by Shredd6
Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:35 pm
What the f**k do you want from me Dewey? I already said I give up. I concede to his wisdom. He is the master.

mistermikev wrote:yeah cause when it comes to tone I trust all to a crowd full of drunken fans... they really know what sounds good!

On Mike Einziger:

mistermikev wrote:his 'tone' is 'ok' at best... it doesn't qualify as inspiring to me.

I'd have to be half-dead drunk to sit and listen to the over processed POS tone he's puking in that recording. I will agree that Mike technically knows a lot of technical aspects of pedals. But not the he knows how to use them worth a s**t.

Dewey, I don't think you've been here long enough to realize the Mike corrects EVERYONE who posts in the technical section as if he's some kind of Guru that we should all bow down to. We're not just talking about guitars here. We're talking about anything technical. And if ANYONE disagrees with him, he immediately goes into d**khead and insulting debate mode.

Then you hear something like "It Suits You" in his profile, and you catch yourself going, "who the f**k is this guy to talk s**t to anyone about anything?". At one point he even said "you play in a BAR BAND!" In a total negative sense. Effectively insulting EVERYONE on this forum who are working musicians. Meanwhile he plays his 50 freaking elite pedals, on his elite amp, with his elite guitars, to his 4 f**king walls!! And he has the nerve to get online and talk s**t to, and about, people??

Just so happens that I'm choosing to call him out rather than just walk away. It's not something I normally do, and haven't done on this forum in the past. You should always realize when you talk s**t to people on a forum, you may be in for a long ride.

I'm done with the technical aspects of this bullshit. It's put up or shut up time. If Mike knows soooo much about all of this stuff, and has the equipment to pull off anything better than Mr. Einziger or even myself. Then why am I not hearing it?? Let me hear what the cured wood, better fretting, bone nut, "elite" metal (as opposed to the crappy "stamped" metal he talks about ad nauseaum), Killer amp with NOS tubes, and "elite" custom clone pedals can do.

At some point you HAVE to be able to back up your s**t talking with real performance whether it's through recording or in person. And so far, I'm not hearing anything even remotely inspiring tone-wise in his profile. He has a lot of balls to talk the s**t he does. Because if "It Suits You" is going to be his example, I can tell you right now, I know 15-year-old kids who would wipe the floor with that tone using no more than a Boss ME-50 and a practice amp.

If he's such a baddass, and has all of this high caliber equipment, then he should be able to post something up that I couldn't possibly contend with, with my crappy stuff.

Let's.... Hear... It.. Dude.

I want to hear this "Godly" tone that are the works of all of his knowledge he bestows upon us.

#104865 by Dewy
Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:55 pm
Right, I'm sayin I heard his stuff, and where is yours?

What do I want from you... nothing really. Just sayin it would be nice to not scream at each other over minute differences. I was not asking you to give up or concede to his wisdom... Hell, he play's Telecaster's, what does he know? (joke of course)

Find some common ground to agree on, disagree amicably and move on. It'd make it a much nicer thread.

He's done it twice and you come back trying to prove some other opinion... that is not constructive.

#104868 by Shredd6
Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 pm
mistermikev wrote:how do you think chinese cabinets compare to american ones? Are they equal... do you tell your customers at your REAL JOB that these chinese cabinets are every bit as good as american made ones? No wonder you can only afford a squire.

Of which American one's do you speak of?? Country of origin means nothing to craftsmanship. Any Country can produce good products if they have the tooling and the will. Most of what I see here in Vegas is either Canadian or Mexican built.

What I can afford is none of your Gaddamn business. However, the current economy (due to an out of control banking system beyond my control) has hit new home Construction Workers harder than ANY OTHER industry.

Now, not only have you managed to insult the whole forum, you have also managed to insult millions of hard working Americans. Good job di**head!! And you wonder why I think you're a fag.

mistermikev wrote:if you want to do personal attacks on music now... that's fine... cause I've heard your band.
same three reggae triads over and over. not a decent guitar riff to be heard.
your band sounds like sublime... only without the talent...

I wasn't on any of those recordings, and only 2 of the founding members are left from those recordings. Your opinion is what it is, but we have a big fan base of people who regularly show up to our shows, buy our CDs and shirts, and it's growing faster every month. Check our plays on Myspace, and our 4,000 fans on Facebook as well.We just got booked on the biggest Reggae festival here in Vegas. That should tell you how much I care about your opinion. And which wall will you be playing to this week? The North, South, East, or West? I'm sure it'll be the one with the poster of EC with his hair flowing in the wind on it.

mistermikev wrote:For the record the song of mine you refer to was recorded in 99'. I didn't even have one pedal back then, but I stand behind it as a well written song with a lot of potential and better gtr playing (even ten years ago) then we are likely to hear from you in the next ten years.

BULLSHIT!!! F**KING LIAR!!

There are a million freaking effects going on at once through the whole thing!! Do you even listen to you own music dog?? Do you honestly think nobody on here can hear what you have going on there??

Unbelievable..

You are f**king stupid.

Are you getting it now Dewey?? He thinks you're that stupid as well. That you would believe he's not using pedals in that recording.

Dewey, if you'd like I can put some stuff on my profile. I usually do. Like I said, you really haven't been on here long enough to have heard any of it. I'm in a new band now, and we're in the studio (going in later tonight in fact) recording a 12-song CD. I can't post any of that on here yet for legal reasons. I suppose I could post some small recordings of when I was writing a couple of my leads. But they were done in more of a practice sense. I just used my guitar into a pedal and recorded straight into the computer. There wasn't a need for getting tone savvy in them.

Might be kinda cool though. I am using my Squiers in them. Check back later.

#104874 by Shredd6
Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 pm
Ok.. Music uploaded. These are just Squiers through a Tech-21 Tri OD into a $150 Cubase. I do probably have some delays going on with the internal Cubase plugins. Mainly for me to not have to hear everything dry. But certainly not a whole lotta time invested into the sounds. Just the writing process. The real recordings are much smoother and better tone.

Track-1 CV Squier

Track-2 Stagemaster Squier

http://www.bandmix.com/shredd6/

#104914 by Shredd6
Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:12 am
OK. I have to remove the uploads now. They weren't supposed to be on here anyway. I don't want the band mad at me. If you happened to hear it, then cool. If not, I'm sorry, but I can't leave them up here. You'll just have to wait 'til the CD comes out.

#104917 by mistermikev
Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:12 am
Shredd6 wrote:Dewey, I don't think you've been here long enough to realize the Mike
corrects EVERYONE who posts in the technical section as if he's some
kind of Guru that we should all bow down to.

Shredd6 wrote:In my opinion, it's not a whole lot to be worried about.
Look at Mike Einziger's setup in 2000. Do you see a whole lot of True
Bypass pedals going on here? I saw them live many times. Didn't ever sound
bad to me.
Here's a pic of one of his. Once again, not seeing too much True Bypass.
It's just not as big a deal as people make it out to be.

-this was your very first response in this thread... immediatey after
my first.

Some quotes of the inital post of mine to this thread:
"I can't add much to what has been said other than to say"
"IT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE that you will start to notice a subtle
loss when you have more than two buffered bypass pedals in your
signal chain at any time"

these aren't the words of someone who is talking down or correcting.

Shredd... you say that I
"correct everyone as if I'm talking down to them..." but look at your own
words above.

You corrected me.

Granted, I may have gone a little over that top after that post... and I probably
could be accused of mis-behaving a bit.

"sorry... but incubus? not exactly what I think of when I think tone."
I can see how you would take that bad... but if you heard my inflection
you'd know that it wasn't as sarcastic as it probably came off. I just
meant that I could think of many - even guys I don't care for - who would
be guys that I would consider "tone guru's" above the sort of 'flavor of the day'
guitarist. (no offense)

Shredd6 wrote:I will agree that Mike technically knows a lot of technical aspects of pedals.

that's very kind of you to say shredd.

Shredd6 wrote:Dewey, I don't think you've been here long enough to realize the Mike corrects
EVERYONE who posts in the technical section as if he's some kind of Guru that
we should all bow down to

Shredd6 wrote:I can say this though. My pedal chain has 11-pedals, and I don't experience any
change in tone at all.

again, was that a correction?

Shredd6 wrote:But this is where I think extreme pedal hobbyists take the issue a little too
seriously for such a small thing.

why shouldn't I correct you if you are WRONG and trying to be INSULTING?
is it because you are big rock and roll start and I'm an extreme hobbyest?

I like how you keep trying to rally the 'audience' to your side as if anyone else is listening
to our two dumb asses.

shredd you keep on asking for it... then I give it to you... they you cry "he's insulting all
hard working americans"... what a drama queen. Seriously, keep it up... I'm actually chuckling
over that one.

Shredd6 wrote:
MrMV wrote:For the record the song of mine you refer to was recorded in 99'. I didn't even have one PEDAL
back then, but I stand behind it as a well written song with a lot of potential and better gtr
playing (even ten years ago) then we are likely to hear from you in the next ten years.

BULLSHIT!!! F**KING LIAR!!

There are a million freaking effects going on at once through the whole thing!! Do you even
listen to you own music dog?? Do you honestly think nobody on here can hear what you have going on there??

Unbelievable..

You are f**king stupid.

Are you getting it now Dewey?? He thinks you're that stupid as well. That you would believe he's not using
pedals in that recording.

that recording was done on a digitech 2112 thru a peavey 5050... I said I didn't have PEDALS not EFFECTS silly.
maybe you should calm down and take a few breaths before you read... no misread and then foam at the mouth.

Anywho... what in the world would I have to gain by lying about that? You really overestimate how
much you mean to me shredd.

yes, I remember it well... the great pedal conspiracy of 2010...
hehe
Is this anything like when you said that I use quotes to try and frighten and confuse you?
seriously... LOL. bless your little heart.

I don't think dewey is stupid... he strikes me as wrather intelligent and very nice.
this is just like the time you tried to get george to think I was saying
stuff about him when in fact I have nothing but respect for the guy and never said anything...
geo didn't even give it a thought... guess he's also smarter than you gave him credit for.

Why the need to constantly try to get dewey/capn/george on your side shredd?
I just want to try and understand... maybe get you the help that you need... we all care about you
very much shredd... and don't want to see you hurt yourself (hehe)

Shredd6 wrote:I can't post any of that on here yet for legal reasons.

yeah... no ego on shredd at all. I'm sure everyone is just breaking down the door to steal your songs shredd...
you big goofy rock and roll superstar.

Shredd6 wrote:Ok.. Music uploaded. These are just Squiers through a Tech-21 Tri OD
into a $150 Cubase. I do probably have some delays going on with the internal Cubase
plugins. Mainly for me to not have to hear everything dry. But certainly not a whole
lotta time invested into the sounds. Just the writing process. The real recordings are
much smoother and better tone.

Track-1 CV Squier

Track-2 Stagemaster Squier

http://www.bandmix.com/shredd6/

seriously? I have to laugh...
you ACTUALLY think that these two recordings are 'mind blowing shredd goodness'?
I mean... I'm no trip to hollywood but... really?

that's the best you can do?

I think both my tone and my gtr playing on 'shithouse blues' is fairly credible.
-eleven years old.
but the good news is it's a level playing field... I used my danelectro U2 to record
that... it's a masonite and plywood body... stamped bridge without wood saddles!
$165 brand new... so it's on par with shredds squire!

#104969 by Dewy
Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm
Here's an Idea Mike... lets move on and let Shredd rant.

I would like to return the thread to the topic.

In the interest of replacing my V-Amp with some good quality, low noise, true bypass pedals I need:

Compressor
Flanger
Chorus (stereo preferred)

Additionally I play around with some delay settings and of course need a dash of reverb here or there.

Also would you recommend the Digitech Whammy pedal as a replacement for my Behringer wah? I'm fairly happy with the Wah, and for $29.95 it has been incredibly Durable. Going on its 4th year of constant use and its in excellent condition, no damage at all!

But it can't be the best thing for my sound at $29.95, and surely to God someday that cheap piece of crap will wear out.

I like the Idea of using the expression pedal for pitch bending instead of a Hardware trem... and also for adding some harmonies to a few spots.

Also, did you read the one poster commenting about "converting" non true bypass... is that an option? I used to be pretty handy with a soldering Iron... still got one around here somewhere.

I've considered gutting my Washburn Flanger and using the case and some parts to home build one... do you have any favorite sites for building pedals and or buying kits?

#105104 by mistermikev
Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:22 am
Dewy wrote:Here's an Idea Mike... lets move on and let Shredd rant.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the rant on some level... so I'm going to reserve the right to continue where we left off if the opportunity arises...
in the meantime...

Dewy wrote:I would like to return the thread to the topic.

In the interest of replacing my V-Amp with some good quality, low noise, true bypass pedals I need:

Compressor
Flanger
Chorus (stereo preferred)

well there's nothing quite like what you can build yourself... most of the best stuff out there is not true bypass or it is rare and expensive or both!

afa compressors... I've compared many... my overall best pick for gtr would have to be the dan armstrong orange squeezer. It's not a clean compressor, but it just sounds amazing on gtr. 2nd place to the ross grey (aka mxr dyna comp). I have also heard the black diamond comp and it is really nice.

flanger is a tuff nut to crack... the best analog flangers I've heard have all been based on the sad1024 chip... and the chip itself has gotten so rare they sell for $45 ea. Older mxr flangers had them, older electric mistriss's had them... no coincidence -two of the best fangers ever and both are worth their weight in gold.

chorus... no question it's the boss ce-2... it's based on the same circuit used in the original jazz chorus. I just built one and it absolutely floored me.

Dewy wrote:Additionally I play around with some delay settings and of course need a dash of reverb here or there.

Also would you recommend the Digitech Whammy pedal as a replacement for my Behringer wah? I'm fairly happy with the Wah, and for $29.95 it has been incredibly Durable. Going on its 4th year of constant use and its in excellent condition, no damage at all!

But it can't be the best thing for my sound at $29.95, and surely to God someday that cheap piece of crap will wear out.

I like the Idea of using the expression pedal for pitch bending instead of a Hardware trem... and also for adding some harmonies to a few spots.

the whammy wah is v nice. I'm not all that crazy about the wah it has - it's as good as any other digital wah, it's just not comparable to say a budda or fulltone IMO.

I have had a digitech 2112 for years (has the sm digital whammy/wah functions). The whammy really gives a lot of bang for the buck... lot of dif functions - whammy, harmonies, vol, wah... and it's all adjustable.
I still would prefer a real analogue octaver, and a real wah... and I've heard a better pitch shifter... but considering what you get for $200 it's tuff to beat it on value.

Dewy wrote:Also, did you read the one poster commenting about "converting" non true bypass... is that an option? I used to be pretty handy with a soldering Iron... still got one around here somewhere.

I've considered gutting my Washburn Flanger and using the case and some parts to home build one... do you have any favorite sites for building pedals and or buying kits?

funny I saw that post and thought "well that's not entirely correct but... I don't want to be a big asshole correcting EVERYTHING I hear so... I clammed up.
Technically you need a 2pdt to get true bypass because you send the output to either the input or the fxoutput, and you send the fxinput to either ground or input...
if you want an led indicator you need 3pdt and you send the neg from your led to ground when in on position.

sure you can modify boss stuff or anything else to true bypass... but I think there is a better way...
you just build external loop boxes. signal comes in, goes to a 3pdt, instead of that 3pdt being hooked up to an fx in and fx out... it's hooked up to a send jack and a return jack. then you plug your fx into that loop and bypass it's buffers using the stomp.

this way you don't have to alter your pedal (especially if it's an oldie), you can bypass a whole chain of effects at once if you want...

here's a simple little box I designed for myself... it has three tb loops and a buffer box.
(btw the #4 switch is just a lever switch like you can get at radio shack since you don't really need to turn your buffer on 'on the fly' - or at least I didn't
also note that if you don't do led's this box requires no power,
note the little black boxes drawn on the red wires going away from the leds towards +9v are 4.7k resistors.
note all of the sleeves of the jacks should ground out to the output jacks sleeve)
hurry up and copy this down tho... I really shouldn't have posted it... it's top secret and I'm certain that there are spies everywhere looking to steal it and make themselves filthy rich at my expense (hehe)!

you can sub in any buffer you like...
musique.com has some very simple but very nice examples.
[/img]

#105108 by Shredd6
Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:55 am
Dewy wrote:Here's an Idea Mike... lets move on and let Shredd rant.

f**k you too Dewey.. Don't try to paint me as being the only one ranting here.

#105119 by Shredd6
Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 am
Still waiting on some killer tone to pass through..

Mike can talk, but can't walk.

Show.. Me.. The.. Money... Dick.

You know... There are people on here I respect a lot. They work hard at being musicians. You'd never see me talk to Craig like this. That dude is proven in my book. Neanderpaul, freaking great!! Mike Gentry?? Holy crap! That dude is extremely talented. I dare you to go head to head with Crip in a solo comp. That dude has the ability to shred us all. Aseime (not sure how to spell it), freaking killer..

But the one person who hasn't proven anything to me, who talks a big talk, and hasn't delivered, is Mistermikev. I respect people for their passion to walk the walk. If it's only talk, it's just f**king irritating. If you're gonna tell me Mike that you're a grad of a killer music school, know everything about pedals, effects, amps, tubes, guitars, "cured wood and crappy metal", most likely all the way down to the finger-tips... Then why do you only have stuff from 10-years ago on your profile???

It's just.. It's just ridiculous and laughable.

Dude, I would be honest about what I hear. I wouldn't just rip you a new one if what I heard was good. But dog.. I Hope it Suits you is an awful tone. The S**thouse Blues song is better, but the guitar tones sound flat, compressed, and dull. Not commenting on the songs, I never did.. JUST THE TONE.

For someone who acts like such an arrogant knowledgeable musician.. You just don't deliver. Put down the soldering iron, put a freaking pick in your hand, and show me what you got, or STFU!!