This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Ever hear of "Roger Mayer" effects?

55%
45%

#105127 by Dewy
Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm
I am looking right now at actually having two small pedal boards. One for the Pre-amp, the other for the effects loop section.

Preamp board would be:
Volume (digitech Whammy?)
Wah
Tuner
Bad Monkey
Maybe a Dallas Ringer clone, like the sound.

Effects loop would be:
Chorus
Flange
Delay
Harmonizer
Loop pedal

I'm thinking the Comp needs to be in the Preamp section, but not certain on that... and exact placement would have to be determined for each device after I possess it.

Another thing... I am spoiled by the Hell Babe Wah in that it is "off" when you are not standing on it. I often just reach over and "wah" a chord or something... I don't want to be stomping a switch to engage it, and again to disengage it.

I've been looking at some Boss Chorus' at the local music store... there are a couple of models, both have stereo outputs... so was the direction I was leaning.

Thanks for the input.

Ohh, currently I am powering the TU-2 with a Powerspot adapter and jumping out of it to the other pedals. I read the documentation but it doesn't indicate how many pedals its capable of powering.

Do you have any Idea how many before I start to run low amperage?

#105136 by mistermikev
Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:50 pm
Shredd6 wrote:Still waiting on some killer tone to pass through..

Mike can talk, but can't walk.

Show.. Me.. The.. Money... Dick.

You know... There are people on here I respect a lot. They work hard at being musicians. You'd never see me talk to Craig like this. That dude is proven in my book. Neanderpaul, freaking great!! Mike Gentry?? Holy crap! That dude is extremely talented. I dare you to go head to head with Crip in a solo comp. That dude has the ability to shred us all. Aseime (not sure how to spell it), freaking killer..

But the one person who hasn't proven anything to me, who talks a big talk, and hasn't delivered, is Mistermikev. I respect people for their passion to walk the walk. If it's only talk, it's just f**king irritating. If you're gonna tell me Mike that you're a grad of a killer music school, know everything about pedals, effects, amps, tubes, guitars, "cured wood and crappy metal", most likely all the way down to the finger-tips... Then why do you only have stuff from 10-years ago on your profile???

It's just.. It's just ridiculous and laughable.

Dude, I would be honest about what I hear. I wouldn't just rip you a new one if what I heard was good. But dog.. I Hope it Suits you is an awful tone. The S**thouse Blues song is better, but the guitar tones sound flat, compressed, and dull. Not commenting on the songs, I never did.. JUST THE TONE.

For someone who acts like such an arrogant knowledgeable musician.. You just don't deliver. Put down the soldering iron, put a freaking pick in your hand, and show me what you got, or STFU!!

this from a guy who just put up a track that was literally drenched in reverb and sounded like absolute crap.

there's plenty of folks I've encountered here and elsewhere that can play better than me - but that doesn't change the physical fact that buffered pedals bleed highs. It doesn't change the fact that NOS tubes aren't always best, and it doesn't change the fact that - while a squire is a fine guitar - there are core differences between it and an american strat that can't be overcome by simply re-doing the wiring.

this is a forum fool, and folks are supposed to get on here - regardless of their ability - and offer up their opinion. what are you the forum police? checking the credentials of all who toss out opinions? but then you can't even play yourself??????????????

shredd, if someone I had the smallest amount of respect for asked me to post something recent, I would... but since it's you, I'm gonna go ahead and just let you sit and spin.

I'm not asking YOU to listen to my advice - I couldn't care less.

I know exactly how good I am and exactly how good I am not... but that has nothing whatsoever to do with our arguments. You just wanna take it there cause you've lost the argument at every other turn and as a result have zero credibility, and are trying to save some face on this last stand... but you don't have the gtr skills to do so. So what, now I have to 'cut heads' with every guitar player on this site? Do you even hear how silly you sound? "My dad can kick your dad's ass"

then when dewy, an unbiased bystander chimes in most respectfully and doesn't give you the "backup" you so desperately crave, you turn on him and call him an asshole... that tells the audience everything they need to know about the kind of character you have.

Keep it up, keep making a fool out of yourself, please, above all else post some more of your music - that was hilarious last time.

Dewy wrote:I'm thinking the Comp needs to be in the Preamp section, but not certain on that... and exact placement would have to be determined for each device after I possess it.

I feel like I need to preface every comment I make now with "I am not god but..." I've found the comp works best at the front. It has less of a drastic effect on the distortion but it tightens it up a bit and gets rid of any over the top picking dynamics and other noises.
Dewy wrote:Do you have any Idea how many before I start to run low amperage?

what is the amperage? typical overdrive or dist uses 20-50ma
it boils down to the fact that you have as many as you want being powered by it but if you start to use so many at one time that it exceeds the amperage you will notice weird things happening... you just wont have full power to everything.
#279683 by forallofus PLENTY
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 am
the world is not black OR white

it takes different strokes (and COMBINATIONs thereof)

that's what mr drummond taught us all
#279684 by forallofus PLENTY
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:12 am
i was answering the original true bypass vs buffered post BTW
#279685 by forallofus PLENTY
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 am
why ya using compression bro?

crank the amps up to PROPER BAND LEVEL and get the NATURAL, more rounded and softer COMPRESSION from the pre/power TUBES and speakers

yer maybe running what, 3 overdrives stacked (hahaha)?

my god man, compression is the enemy!

it takes yer ATTACK away and makes ya less visible in the mix often

unless yer playing FUNK rythm, countrified solos or if yer just really weak at finger-picking...

compression just occurs so much in the chain NATURALLY if yer doing it correctly

imo