This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2634 by RhythmMan
Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:51 am
Cn
Thanks, I'll look into this.
Man - so many choices . . . .
Alan

#2639 by RhythmMan
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:52 am
CN, Yeah, Acid Pro keeps coming up. It sounds perfect.

I'd planned on getting it, and then a series of financial disasters hit me, one after another.

That's what led me back to looking at the free stuff.

But, none of the free stuff really tells you exactly what you'll be downloading. No specs, and no mention if they collect personal information from you, or if they can monitor your browsing, for example.
I run my business on my computer, and there is proprietary information on it.
But, it's like: "click here to download whatever we want to send you onto your computer." (and if there are IRQ conflicts, and our software screws up you computer - tough luck).
I need my computer to be rock-solid dependable. It's clean, and tuned up nicely. I want to keep it that way.
And very little of the free recording software even tells you exactly what it does. It says you can record with it, and that's it.
You can see my concerns.
What kind of music do you play?
Alan

#2653 by RhythmMan
Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:57 pm
CN,
I saw your profile, listened to the cuts. Nice. :)
The 2nd song made me seem like I was watching a movie. :)
Were they recorded with Kristal?
I don't see where Krristal outputs MP3. Does it?
Alan

#2695 by RhythmMan
Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:39 pm
CN,
I downloaded Kristal - haven't installed it yet.
Maybe later today I'll have time to play with it . . .
I did come across some Wave to mp3 converters - I'll have to go back and look for them.
Alan

#2917 by Chemical Residue
Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:00 pm
Magix Music Maker 11 does the same job as acid and costs 60 dollars...ACID Pro 6 cost over 250.00. Acid music studio 6.0 only cost 49.00. Upgrades from old sony media pros make it a lot cheaper. Sonar 4 is awesome for the standalone musician but a lot more complicated and doesnt have the paint WAV features like acid or MAGIX MM11. Pro tOOLs is very nice and easy. Ableton Live is not as easy looking as ACID...Garage band for mac users is a COPY-Cat pro that looks like ACID but doesnt really stack up. Also you might wanna update your souncards and make a lotta disc space for some of these pros. THe projects can take tons of space.

#3158 by descentintomadness
Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:40 pm
I'd recommend for just starting out Acoustica Mixcraft or N-Track.

#3173 by Chemical Residue
Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:42 am
had acoustica...didnt like it...no other program out there is as easy as acid.

#3425 by RhythmMan
Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:05 am
I bought Sony Acid Music Studio 6.0.
I record track #1 with no problem.
The 2nd track I put on a recording starts out in tempo (always delayed a few milliseconds), but by the end of the song it's always at least one beat behind.
I use the built-in metronome, same tempo, for both tracks.

I can hear the first track while recording, and I don't want the computer changing my intentional synchopations, so I prefer 'one-shot.'

But this happens whether I use 'one shot' or beat-mapping.

I tried changing the tempo of the 2nd track - man, what an exercise in frustration . . .
Why doesn't this software accurately reproduce songs at the exact same tempo as they are recorded?

Anybody else use this software? What am I missing?
Last edited by RhythmMan on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#3433 by Chemical Residue
Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:36 pm
You are recording over another recorded track?

#3434 by Chemical Residue
Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:39 pm
If yes then mute it out and then use no beat mapping....line it up where you want it in the arrngement. The program has no real on the fly recording like Music Maker. So you will have to use these methods for the best results. The built-in metronome is very hard to manipulate w/ this type recording. That's one of my main beefs w/ acid and wished they would fix.

#3436 by RhythmMan
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:30 pm
No, I'm not recording over any old tracks.
I've got a couple of ideas.
My next recording, I want to double check that the "Make new tracks follow project tempo" box in the Record window is unchecked.
I'm pretty sure it was, but I'll try again.
Also
For previously recorded tracks, I think I may have to go to the properties for the track and remove the check from the "Stretch from tempo" box.
I'm at work now, but I'll try later - probably tomorrow . . .
Thanks for your ideas . . .
I'll let you know what happens . . .