This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#176796 by jw123
Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:25 pm
Question For Haley, DBX Rack Pack

Haley Ive got a gig this weekend, I have set up my pa system a little different.

Going out of my board to my DBX Rack Pack. In the past I have run a Yamaha 7000 series amp for the tops, a pair of 2x15 Yamahas, Im leaving that the same, but Im setting the subs up different this time. I had been using one QSC 1450 power amp to run our Yam 1x18 bottoms, we just didnt feel we were getting the impact out of them, so now Im using one QSC 1450 for each sub, Ive set them to mono, so Im crossing the speaker outputs, I also set them in parrallel so I can daisy chain the inputs, so DBX low out into the first QSC, then daisy the second QSC. Running both amps in mono and crossing the speaker outs, this way Im pushing each bottom into 8 ohms with somewhere between 7-900 watts, wich specs just right for each sub.

I hope that makes sense, so heres my question, when I set up the DBX to RTA the room, should I just imput one QSC 1450 for my subs? You know what Im talking about, you go thru the speakers and amps, do I just input one sub amp? Im just curious what you think on this, Ive been told different things by different people, I guess in order to just set it up, I will just input one amp on the screen and see how it comes out.

Another question, in the past we would use a curve eq line, I think its the D setting, the guy I bought the setup from told me to always input a flat response for live music, the curves are just for canned music.

I was just curious what your thoughts would be on this.

Thanks in advance!

#176911 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:00 am
oof he punched me in the brain.. lol

#177058 by gbheil
Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:04 am
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:oof he punched me in the brain.. lol

Your not alone ...