This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#173510 by mistermikev
Fri May 18, 2012 12:46 am
I wouldn't want to go without either!

#173570 by Starfish Scott
Fri May 18, 2012 3:28 pm
Digital sounds great but not very flexible.

Could be me..I am not really tech oriented.

Every digital piece I've used seems to be limited.

I.e. Noise gate removing precious feedback
Effects not flexible enough, as in only a very short angle of adjustment.

I find that I can do the most with analog equipment and it's the most flexible.

The worst part is that it takes some time to get it together, work out the bugs in a long and complicated chain and try to retain the elements you really want. The hitch is to be able to get all the sounds you need and not compromise the original sound.

"Switch between all sounds wanted with little to no change in how they sound or react when you use them".

The Line 6 junk is at the top of my hate mail.
Nice selection of what you would want, but lousy implementation and poor flexibility. (if it isn't what you wanted when you dialed it up, you better pray you can get it to what you need)

PS: Mistermike you suck, I went to your link and it's down.
WTF!!!! lol

#173635 by mistermikev
Sat May 19, 2012 1:20 am
my bandmix page was down? that's strange. Can't imagine why.

well, if you want to hear me or see my stuff you can also go to:
www.myspace.com/skullytonefx

afa digital vs analog... digital delay is great. long delay times, lots of params... but then I absolutely love analog delay tone.

digital chorus can be nice - light and airy... but then a thick analog chorus is awesome for other things.

don't care for digital compression for live guitar... but when recording you can optimize a software comp for 'a few moments in time' and it becomes a pretty handy tool.

not crazy about a line6 solid state combo... but then take a pod and send it through a tube poweramp and it sounds pretty good IMO. I have to admit even the combos don't sound bad at low volum.

fuzz - you wanna go analog here IMO.

Nothing like a germanium tonebender blasting the front end of a deville...
but nothing like a tube pre/pwr into a digital fx setup into a stereo cab.

I think people often make the mistake of thinking it's one or the other:
It's all good IMO.

#173684 by Starfish Scott
Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm
http://www.myspace.com/mrmikevhisonepieceorchestra

That was the site that is/was down.

Thank you for the other url, I am listening to it now.
I am digging "Marksman"..cool beans, Mike.

#173803 by mistermikev
Sun May 20, 2012 3:47 pm
hmm... yes indeed that link was broken... forgot that a while back I changed it because it was such a long name and I kept forgetting what it was!

anywho, thanks for pointing that out and thanks for the kind comments on 'marksman'.

#173812 by gbheil
Sun May 20, 2012 4:50 pm
Digital is the way to go for any wireless gear and Line6 makes some of the best.

At least in my experience.

Soon to be testing out a digital wireless head mic offering from Shure.

Was not cheap ... hope the dang thing works as well as my digital guitar wireless from Line6

#173865 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm
Line 6 has come a long way with their digtial fx and sims. A lot of people got turned off by their 1st generation stuff, then when others started getting into the same stuff they stepped up and did a couple of generations of changes.