This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#166856 by gbheil
Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 pm
Thejohnny7band wrote:You got me Jeff. I am strictly old school and essentially a computer dufus. I break out in a rash when trying to figure out some of these new digital signal processors. A 15yr old gamer could probably set up a driverack properly in no time.

I feel your pain brother.

And our lead geek just quit. :?

#166935 by J-HALEY
Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 pm
Thejohnny7band wrote:You got me Jeff. I am strictly old school and essentially a computer dufus. I break out in a rash when trying to figure out some of these new digital signal processors. A 15yr old gamer could probably set up a driverack properly in no time.

J7 I'm with you on this one. I am not MUCH of a computer user myself. A friend helped me set mine up. All he did was follow the user manual. While we were setting it up I thought this is too easy. If you stick to the manual and methodically follow it. The driverack is not that hard. I guess US old school types don't take direction very well LOL! :lol:

#166951 by jw123
Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:29 pm
Im with Jeff the driverack is one of the best investments Ive ever made in pa equipment.

Our crossover went down, and I got it, I love that you can run pink noise or is it white noise Jeff? In the room you are playing, there are 4 different eq curves built into it, we use the one that adds some bass and some highs with a slight hump in the middle, run the noise for a minute and the pa sounds great for the room, Im not saying you cant do it without, but it has eq, crossover, and if you want to get deeper in it compression and all of that.

Hell I cant even remember the name of it, but I love, we tend to play 4-5 different places and I named each one in the unit, so all I do is turn it to that room we are playing and walla, it sounds great.

We have a very active singer and he gets in front of the mains with his wireless, I cant remember him ever getting feedback in front of the mains.

Like Jeff said for a one rack space unit, I dont think you can beat it. The manual is great and walks you thru everything.

I bought it cause a freind that works in a music store suggested it, I wouldnt change it at this point other than to buy another one if it broke down at this point, in my mind thats as good of an endorsement as a product could ever get.

George check it out.

#166959 by J-HALEY
Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 pm
John, a friend of mine uses one on his monitor system Too LOL! He has 2 driveracks! :lol:

#166972 by jw123
Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 pm
Jeff I took our driverack and hooked it too our monitors and then mimiced the eq curve it showed on our monitors, we rarely ahve problems out of our monitors either, just have to be careful about too much bass, cause you know how it will hum some if you punch it too hard, that would be a good thing to do, have two of them, if that thing messed up during a gig on our mains I dont know what I would do! LOL

Might be good to have a spare on hand! LOL

#166974 by Cajundaddy
Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:23 pm
J-HALEY wrote:John, a friend of mine uses one on his monitor system Too LOL! He has 2 driveracks! :lol:

haha! I can't imagine needing a driverack for monitors. We use nearfield Mackie 150s and the monitor mix and levels are always good:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... aker-black

#166989 by J-HALEY
Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 pm
We use shure PSM 900 personal wireless IEM monitors we each have our own independent stereo mix! :wink:

#166994 by Cajundaddy
Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:53 pm
J-HALEY wrote:We use shure PSM 900 personal wireless IEM monitors we each have our own independent stereo mix! :wink:

Yep, I have a set of Shure IEM that I use for worship service in our main santuary (3000 people) with an Aviom monitor mix but I prefer the near field Mackie for most gigs. I can step away from the monitor if needed and I feel I have more connection to the crowd. Personal preference I guess.

Jeff if you ever get out to Cali we gotta jam sometime. I'll let you use my Mesa.

#166998 by J-HALEY
Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:21 am
Thejohnny7band wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:We use shure PSM 900 personal wireless IEM monitors we each have our own independent stereo mix! :wink:

Yep, I have a set of Shure IEM that I use for worship service in our main santuary (3000 people) with an Aviom monitor mix but I prefer the near field Mackie for most gigs. I can step away from the monitor if needed and I feel I have more connection to the crowd. Personal preference I guess.

Jeff if you ever get out to Cali we gotta jam sometime. I'll let you use my Mesa.

Sounds good J7 My mom just moved to Victorville. One sister lives there and another in Ventura. I hope to get out there to visit someday! Actually I have more family in Cali than I do Texas LOL!

#167071 by Cajundaddy
Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:13 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
Thejohnny7band wrote:

Sounds good J7 My mom just moved to Victorville. One sister lives there and another in Ventura. I hope to get out there to visit someday! Actually I have more family in Cali than I do Texas LOL!

Small world. I just booked a show last night out in the Silver Lakes Coummunity (Victorville) for Memorial Day Weekend.

#167100 by J-HALEY
Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:30 pm
J7, do you live close to Victorville? Sure wished I could be there Memorial day. My youngest son graduates High School this year. Between Grad. Prom, the kids cars, the calf I am lucky to have 2 nickels to rub together these days LOL! It will be so nice to be an empty nester! I'll be able to LIVE AGAIN! LOL :lol:

#167119 by Cajundaddy
Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 am
J-HALEY wrote:J7, do you live close to Victorville? Sure wished I could be there Memorial day. My youngest son graduates High School this year. Between Grad. Prom, the kids cars, the calf I am lucky to have 2 nickels to rub together these days LOL! It will be so nice to be an empty nester! I'll be able to LIVE AGAIN! LOL :lol:

Yes. I live about 30 minutes away and Silver Lakes is another 15 minutes north. All my kids are now grown and gone. There is a lot more time and money available but I still miss having them around. When you come out to see Ma, bring your axe and we will make some noise. I'll introduce you to some LA session players in my circle of musician friends. These guys can PLAY!

Sorry for the total thread jack George. :oops: I think we answered your questions with lots of varied opinions. More than one way to skin a cat.

#167142 by J-HALEY
Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 am
J7, I hope to make it out there this year! I have SOoo many reasons! If not and we all survive 12/21/12 I'll for SURE make it next year (2013) LOL!
You guys in Cali have alway's led the pack! From Jerry Garcia, to James Burton, Brad Gillis! I know youz guy's CAN PLAY! :wink:
I am SURE I'll learn something while I am out there! :lol:

#167198 by Tennessee Jedi
Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 pm
J-HALEY wrote:J7, I hope to make it out there this year! I have SOoo many reasons! If not and we all survive 12/21/12 I'll for SURE make it next year (2013) LOL!
You guys in Cali have alway's led the pack! From Jerry Garcia, to James Burton, Brad Gillis! I know youz guy's CAN PLAY! :wink:
I am SURE I'll learn something while I am out there! :lol:

I wish I could play like those guys from Bakersfield ... love that tele stuff !
Sick players !
8)