This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#163662 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:17 am
I picked up a Weber Mini Mass so I could try slaving my 1482 through a small rack rig. I used a thrown together 212 for the experiment. It sounded amazing. Now it's time to build a couple of qulity 112s to replace it. This configuration is a keeper. The volume can be set appropriately for all occations with ZERO tone loss.

Here's a clip from earlier today. It starts clean then gets heavier as it progresses. It really starts to cut from 1:38 on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9NYGtBXGlY

#163753 by mistermikev
Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:26 am
wow, that really sounds nice when your getting on it... it's hard to tell from a recording but you say you have the room volume pretty low?

does the mini mass have a dummy load/speaker sim or are you using a line out from the silvertone into the g (and running the silvertone speaker too)?

either way, sounds nice!

#163771 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 am
The volume was very reasonable. It was about half as loud as it normally is when I run the amp by itself. The MiniMass has an actual speaker motor. I have a HotPlate which uses a resistor set up that I use with my Marshall and I have to say the Weber sounds a lot better than the THD at high attenuation settings. The HotPlate is built like a tank though but you pay for it because it cost 3X what I paid for the Weber. I had the amp's channels jumpered with both volumes on 3 and the MiniMass volume on 4. I had the amp's speaker connected as well so it was running wet/dry/wet. I had the mic placed waaaaay back so I could get it all since I was only using one mic and recording with a loop pedal. It sounded huge for a single pole guitar once I had both sides of the Route 66 kicked in and was in the bridge position,,,,almost cranked JMP like. After I uploaded the video I went back and plugged in my Les Paul. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I've got some more recording to do.

#163792 by Starfish Scott
Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:14 pm
HDriffraff wrote:The volume was very reasonable. It was about half as loud as it normally is when I run the amp by itself. The MiniMass has an actual speaker motor. I have a HotPlate which uses a resistor set up that I use with my Marshall and I have to say the Weber sounds a lot better than the THD at high attenuation settings. The HotPlate is built like a tank though but you pay for it because it cost 3X what I paid for the Weber. I had the amp's channels jumpered with both volumes on 3 and the MiniMass volume on 4. I had the amp's speaker connected as well so it was running wet/dry/wet. I had the mic placed waaaaay back so I could get it all since I was only using one mic and recording with a loop pedal. It sounded huge for a single pole guitar once I had both sides of the Route 66 kicked in and was in the bridge position,,,,almost cranked JMP like. After I uploaded the video I went back and plugged in my Les Paul. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I've got some more recording to do.

ACCHH just reading that reminds me that I need to get rid of My model 1959 because I am not going to start this attenuator crap.
I.e. No master volume, not for me.

Give me a 2203/4103, a master volume and a sd-1 or give me death.. lol

And do not sneak any of those damn horizontal inputs in that are connected to the pcb. No, I am wise to that one now.. cripes.