This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#25970 by Kramerguy
Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:31 pm
Rather than continue the old thread, I thought I would discuss something in the same topic, but with some different ideas.

I joined bandmix because I had to. It's not unreasonable for this service to ask for a premium for their services. But from my perspective, the service is exactly what we're not getting. NOT that I'm complaining about the quality of your service, but the services themselves.

Think about it- I'm a guy looking to form or join a band. When I get in that band, what next? Well, I don't need bandmix anymore, right? I certainly ain't going to pack a local bar by putting up my schedule here and posting in the general forum. At best, I might get ONE person from here to attend a show. Thats point 1.

Point 2- Bandmix doesn't have a local list of bars and their client types, or anything to help the band out. I have found that on the national level, this IS the most organized musician collaboration site, yet I run into more "flakes", people who put up a profile and then never return, etc... Offer more servicesd, not just to the individual musician, but to the BAND itself. Start compiliing lists of management companies, agents, clubs, workshops! anything , everything. I'm sure there's much more to list that I haven't even thought of.

Point 3- after getting up PREMIUM content as discussed in point 2, just ALLOW free members to use the email system to contact people. Give people the ability to do that and they WILL come back, unlike those mentioned above who just flake out. Many musicians ARE struggling, live check to check, and $10 a month is just not in their budgets.

There's tons of other ideas I just don't have the time at the moment to type out, but I'm sure you get the general drift of this post. Please consider it. Thx!

#26159 by Kramerguy
Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:18 pm
anyone think these are good ideas? Bad ideas? Something to add?

Just trying to give good input towards bettering the site, ya know?

#26167 by HowlinJ
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:34 pm
Keith,
BandMix is associated with some other interesting products to check out after you get your band together. I'm still considering their "Band Vista" website builder when I get my trio working. Others on this forum seem to feel that its too pricey, and that BandMix should consider lowering subscription rates to increase sales volume. I am a property owner and taxes, fuel price increases, and insurance policies keep me cash poor. That's one of the reasons that I want to get out playing, to supplement my income. If I can justify the cost of a website for my band, I'd love to have one, but honestly can't afford it at this time.

P.S. I found my drummer through BandMix.

John

#26223 by Kramerguy
Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:57 pm
Seems most of the 'services' outside contacts and forums are just google ads for other services though. I can google that stuff myself.

I think the entire music industry is going through a complete change in almost every facet of itself, and there are new sites popping up every day offering services like this one.

What sets bandmix apart? How will they (or should they) capitalize on it? Why do they have links to their competition sites on here?!?

I HATE the idea that I have to join 8 different sites to cover all the ground out there, because none of them have a major market share. Bandmix, IMO, is so far the most promising site when it comes to that, and I'm just trying to offer some insight from a customer point of view to helping it get to that level.

I'd love to have to manage profiles on only ONE musician site (excluding friend sites like myspace and facebook, of course), rather than juggling all these sites. It's time consuming and frankly, as a musician working on side projects, and a regular full time job, wife, and kid, I don't have all the time in the world to screwing around with it.

#26334 by HowlinJ
Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:53 pm
Keith,

Do yourself (and me) a favor.

Go back to where you were when you joined Bandmix.

Find BandVista website builder and CHECK IT OUT!

come back and tell me what you think.

I suspect that you may find that this is something that could bring many of us into the 21st century with regards to the business of promoting our musical aspirations.

Note to BandMix,

Thank you for my free BandMix membership. I obviously love this forum. I now feel as if I have a stake in this thing. I will endorse what you have to offer as long as I personally believe in it. I honestly don't believe many otherwise intelligent members fully understand the full extent of the services that you have to offer.

I have been contacted by a premium BandMix member, and as a result, I now have a workable trio. Proof positive that BandMix works. When this little band starts showing signs of making money, as well as noise, Y'all may stand to make a few bucks outta' me after all! That BandVista Website looks like a potentially powerful piece of new equipment for any working band.

Ya otta' stop countin' your money and look in on us more often.

Thank you,
Howlin' J (you can call me John)

#26473 by BMix
Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:52 pm
Hey Howlin and Kramer,

Thanks for the feedback and support. Kramer, we are continually working on increasing the bang for the premier membership buck. We also offer free premier membership in our sister site www.gigleader.com which is dedicated to getting bands booked with paying gigs and shows. We'll have a more integrated API to link the sites more completely soon. Also as John mentioned, we have www.bandvista.com which allows you to build your own industry ready website to promote your band.

Bandvista is a little bit more than bandmix, but it will include all 3 premier memberships for all 3 sites in one low rate. Bandmix premier membership gives you free Gigleader premier membership and vice-versa. Hope this helps in your decision for using our service, and we obviously will keep working hard to recruit more musicians to keep your options and all the other Bandmix member's options open if they need fresh talent.

#26512 by Kramerguy
Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:01 pm
Thanks howlin and Bmix-

I had no idea that the bandvista site existed, I probably would have joined it directly had I known, but it's all good. I will have to check out both those sites and see what I make of them.

I still strongly suggest that you allow non-members to contact members and other non members alike, it would dramatically increase not only the member base, but the activity of the members. There's way too many 'free' members who never come back when they realize they can't contact people! There's enough content (and make it more obvious about the sister sites) to still have a decent paying member base. I believe the amount of increased memberships will fill any voids on paid memberships.

#27525 by HowlinJ
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:58 am
Good point Keith,

But i'd wager that the vast majority of those "dedicated Musicians" that don't come back are to stupid to be in a good functional band anyway, so Howlin' sez "Frig 'em!" (They're just takin' up valuable cyberspace!) :wink: