This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#20894 by gbheil
Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:34 pm
I would love to be able to download a larger performance. Some live recorded down loads would be Really Cool.

#23284 by Needle in a haystack
Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:10 pm
I think thats my problem.Cuz the songs that i have,their on a CD the file says mp3 when you open it but some of the tracks have 2 or 3 songs on 1 track. "They say 10mb"? one of the tracks Was only 8.27mb (no go.)..Kept kicking me compleatly out of my Account..Had to sign back in and try another and another :x I wouldnt be so bad, but i had to keep an eye on it for 30 40 min.while it was up loading..

So im with ya SS

we want more
we want more
we want more

#23285 by gbheil
Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:23 pm
Yes, it would appear that there may be enough total space but somehow the got it limited per track. And not being a computer kinda guy I havent figure it out yet. Ray our front is a geek, he said he was mixing down some stuff we did live. Perhaps then I can post some more of our music.

#23296 by Needle in a haystack
Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:24 pm
Needle in a haystack wrote:I think thats my problem.Cuz the songs that i have,their on a CD the file says mp3 when you open it but some of the tracks have 2 or 3 songs on 1 track. "They say 10mb"? one of the tracks Was only 8.27mb (no go.)..Kept kicking me compleatly out of my Account..Had to sign back in and try another and another :x I wouldnt be so bad, but i had to keep an eye on it for 30 40 min.while it was up loading..

So im with ya SS

we want more
we want more
we want more

How about it BandMix? what's the problem? I have deleted every thing!And still can not get it to up load..And my 10Mb has not restored it's memory since i deleted all song's..???

#23302 by RhythmMan
Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 pm
Hey, guys, try recording your "Mp3s for posting" in "FM Quality," instead of CD qualiry. (That's 22, instead of 44)
The song files take up 1/2 the space, they sound almost the same, and they're twice as fast to download (for those with dial-up).
I've tried it here, and it does work . . .

#23368 by Irminsul
Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 am
But yuck, 22 sounds awfull.

#23375 by RhythmMan
Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:35 am
Yeah, that's the point: it's like FM radio quality.
It's a compromise for those who don't want tp spend the money for membership (or for those who can't afford it) . . .
But, then again, most people don't have real great speakers hooked up to their computers, either; so they may not even notice the difference . . .
It won't cost you anything to experiment . . . so, for those who are out of space - try it, and judge for yourself.

#23747 by Irish Anthony
Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 am
i think the problem is that the bit rate of your mp3s is too big... look at the bit rate of your mp3 file(just hold the curser over the file and it will tell you)...if its bigger than say 195bits it could be too big to upload...you will have to down load a free mp3 converter(from google) that will let you downsize your mp3s without losing too much quality...my songs for the site are set to 144bits and they work fine...its very easy to fix.
enjoy.

#23792 by RhythmMan
Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:21 pm
Mine are set at 128kbps, 44khz

#23794 by gbheil
Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:58 pm
I tried that too RhythmMan still drags, sounds like herman munster.

#23821 by RhythmMan
Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:45 pm
No, that's not your problem . . .
Check the posting by Bandmix, in reply to someone else who had this same problem.
You need to record a different 'flavor' of mp3. You are not using the standard . . . .

#23830 by BMix
Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:11 pm
Hey guys,

It should be 15MB for free users and 150MB for paid users. With 10MB limit per track universally. If you're having a problem with a specific track, you can send it to [email protected] and they will convert it and upload it to your page.