This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16758 by Crip2Nite
Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:09 pm
Why on Gods green earth am I the only member on all of bandmix that can't have an Avatar?? There's not even an option on here to upload one???

#16759 by Telejo
Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:25 pm
Go to your profile, got to manage pictures, select one as your main picture, and that one will become your avitar.

#16789 by Crip2Nite
Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:19 pm
I did that 20x's already and it isn't working! Maybe because my pic of myself is so fugly, they're afraid it'll corrupt the system???

#16798 by Telejo
Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:26 pm
Looks like it's working now!!! There's some funky stuff going on though...I got a lot more than 1 post...

#16803 by Koolin82
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:38 pm
Telejo wrote:Looks like it's working now!!! There's some funky stuff going on though...I got a lot more than 1 post...

Anytime you change your BM profile in any way it resets your post count to zero. And sometimes it does it for no reason at all. :roll:

#16894 by jimmydanger
Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 pm
It takes a day or so before your new main picture is reflected as your avatar on the forum.

#17380 by Crip2Nite
Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:38 pm
This is driving me nuts!! I changed my avatar 2 days ago and still....nothing... How come I see other peeps changing theirs every day and no problem??? Anybody???

#17383 by RhythmMan
Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:45 pm
I don't know what you're actually doing, but many sites have size restrictions.
Try using a small jpg - no more than, say 50 kb.
Also - make sure the dimensions are't huge, either. Again there are often size restrictions, counted in pixels . . . .
BTW, if you're using a bmp - a BMP is about 10 times bigger than a jpg.

#17395 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:02 pm
BMP's are a nightmare. I edit photos all the time, I hate them! Lol. Those files are bloody huge. You can make a .jpeg that is 800x800 100 Kb, but in BMP it is like 1.50 Mb. Really a nightmare. I suggest dropping the overall size of the image. It is very easy, just go into paint (If you are using Windows) and paste the image in their, or just open it. Then go to the top where it says "Image" and click on "Stretch/Skew." Enter 50 and 50 under the Horizontal and Vertical tabs. Then just click OK. Then save it. The image should be smaller, but, note, make sure the borders of the paint space/box are against the image (Otherwise it will probably mess up).

That should probably help it. My avatar is very small (I have not looked, but it is like 300x300 pixels in actual size). Good luck.

#17408 by Irminsul
Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:21 pm
I think almost all such sites reject BMPs and anything other than JPEG/GIF flat out, regardless of size.

#17414 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:37 pm
You are right, Irminsul. A lot of them do not take BMP's. The fun part always comes when sending word files, better use .rtf, but then sometimes that does not work right, so go to .doc, but then that does not work right, so go to Microsoft Word (.wps), but then that does not work. Basically, it all stinks.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17415 by Irminsul
Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:58 pm
Or PNGs. They are a great format but the browser makers STILL haven't instituted the coding to get them to read correctly, all the time. I have no idea why this is - PNGs are superior to JPGs in every way (including the ability to do background transparencies).

#17443 by Crip2Nite
Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:06 am
...but... the avatars were up a few times within the last month...no problem? They are jpg's and they are not that big at all... like I said.... these same exact pics worked fine 2 weeks ago! :roll:

#17699 by Shima
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 am
anyway you should use a Jpeg since the format is more light....more fast to load and have the same quality?