This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16715 by Electric Gypsy
Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm
Is it possible to search for female musicians only, to save havin to search thru pages of male and female musicians?

#16743 by Irminsul
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:28 pm
Not that I can see - maybe you should propose that feature to the BandMix admins.

#18412 by gronkbass
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:35 pm
Technically it isn't legal, because you are showing gender bias. I tried to search for a male vocalist before, and most places won't allow such ads.

I'm betting that is the reason.

#18433 by Irminsul
Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:43 pm
Oh come on, that's not illegal. These sites are private entities and are not under government equal opportunity statutes like that. Hell they could even do it racially if they wanted, although that would be pretty low class and don't recommend they do it.
#20056 by aiki_mcr
Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:15 am
I doubt the site would or could get into trouble for allowing a gender search, but a band could for using it. Although I doubt they would.

A band, strictly speaking, is looking for an employee when it's looking for a musician (okay, okay, I know and you know that isn't strictly true, but humor me here). A disgruntled and vindictive musician who was excluded from membership on the basis of gender could conceivably make a case that it was unfair discrimination.

Of course, they'd be whiny, useless, passive aggressive geeks for doing so.

But that wouldn't stop someone who is a whiny, useless, passive aggressive geek.

#20075 by RhythmMan
Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:24 pm
Yeah, but THEN the reason they didn't get in the band isn't because of their sex. It's because they're an a***ole.
So - the band is off the hook.

#20359 by iralarry
Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:15 am
gronkbass wrote:Technically it isn't legal, because you are showing gender bias. I tried to search for a male vocalist before, and most places won't allow such ads.

I'm betting that is the reason.

If that is the case, shut the dating sites down NOW. Lots of illegal stuff going on there within that context, huh?

Besides that, female vocalist wanted is for artistic and creative reasons. Imagine if Steely Dan used bass/Baritone males to back up much of their stuff. Ughhh.