This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#17522 by Starfish Scott
Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:00 am
The Crusades were a good time!

"Who do you worship"? "Wrong answer, put em to the sword". lol

#17523 by Irminsul
Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:13 am
Judging from the rhetoric of my own government, I don't think the Crusades ever STOPPED.

#17533 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:04 am
Captain Scott wrote:The Crusades were a good time!

"Who do you worship"? "Wrong answer, put em to the sword". lol

Lmao. Yeah that was one way to handle things, talk about psychotic.

Judging from the rhetoric of my own government, I don't think the Crusades ever STOPPED.

Irminsul, I agree, it is like we never left the Crusades.

#17569 by rcandrews
Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:07 pm
Irminsul wrote:
"Ya'selves".

SNAP! I stand corrected :wink:

I never appreciated the song Needle and the Damage Done until I heard Neil perform it live with just his guitar. I was floored at how powerful a piece it really is.

Rob

#17589 by Starfish Scott
Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:10 pm
f**k FLOORED. lol

#17627 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:51 am
You know, our government sucks. Congress just approved a new spending bill for Iraq, $70 billion more dollars! I could take a billion of that and fund half of the medical community for 6 months. I am getting tired of supporting the Iraqi war and the Iraqi people, it is time for them to help themselves, I think they can do it. We are losing people every day, it is enough now.

Very aggravating. *Shrug*

Since this is the political side of the board now, lol, I decided to post this.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17637 by Irminsul
Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:05 am
The Iraq War is now known as the giant money sink hole to nowhere. It aggrivates the hell out of me, and I'm finally in the majority view on that one.

I wish our Congress would get the message.

#17638 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:09 am
Given a choice of fighting the terrorists there, -
or letting them build up a huge powerbase and start attacking us in New York, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas . . .
I'd rather fight them there . . .
I know most of you are against me on that, but I just had to say that ONE thing, my friends.
And, seeing as this is a music site, and seeing as I am apparently very, very out-mumbered on this subject, that's all I'll be saying.
I don't have the time to debate this with anyone.
Everybodies mind is already made up, and no one will be changing anyone else's opinion on this, so any followup debate would be for sport, and my 'sport' time is devoted to writing music, playing music, recording music, writing lyrics, practicing, testing new songs on audiences at open mikes, recording music, practicing music . . .
. . . get my drift?
I just want other folks to know that the people who speak 'anti-Iraq' are not speaking for eveyrone.
I'll talk about music, but not politics, thank you . . .
#17641 by fisherman bob
Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:35 am
to be VERY FAVORABLE. The only good terrorist is a dead one. I'd rather they die on their own "holy soil" than in the land of the infidel, the United States. I believe the tide of this war is turning in our favor. Security and prosperity seem to be slowly returning to Iraq. Have you noticed that the democratic candidates for president are hardly mentioning Iraq these days. Also it seems the press is hardly mentioning Iraq these days as well. That's because it looks like we are winning, and the surge has to be viewed as a remarkable success. Al Qaeda has suffered huge losses in this war, they are definitely on the run. Even the tribes in Iraq are now cooperating with us and driving them out of Iraq. Nobody ever said this war would be easy. In fact Bush said this war would be unlike any we have ever faced before, that it would take many, many years to bear fruit. We have to understand that war is not finite to terrorists. All of our past wars had a definite beginning and ending. When Islamic fundamentalists make a declaration of war, there is no surrender. Look at how long the war with Israel has lasted and continues to go on. We are going to have to get used to occasional terror attacks. A victory in this war means that the number of terror attacks will occur with much less frequency. If somehow the Israelis and their enemies can come up with a peaceful solution, then maybe our war against terror will end. Until that time happens we will continue to have a war against terror. Get used to it. Later...

#17652 by Irminsul
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:18 am
Bullshit.

There is no "war on terror". It's a fake, a misnomer like a war on murder. Terror is a tactic and will be with us forever. Yeah its horrible, but so is murder. The best you can do is try to keep it at bay. And I have to say that my government has done ANYTHING but that. By their war based on lies in Iraq, they are making things better for terrorists, not worse. Nothing is a better recruiting tool for AlQaeda thand this stupid war we are continually dumping money into.

And seriously, with all due respect, this "lets fight them there so we dont have to fight them here" is an assinine sound byte meant to silence dissent and an end run around the fact that we get what decades of lousy foreign policy gave us. The Iraq War is an unmitigated disaster, the majority now says so, and history will NOT judge us well for that. Until we decide to tend to our own actual defense, and stop attacking and invading other small nations that won't bend to our will, we are destined to have planes rammed into our buildings, or worse.

When we will ever get that lesson drummed into our skulls is anyone's guess.

#17654 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:41 am
Ooh, wow, lots of replies to that statement.

Rhythman, you are entitled to your opinion and you are very kind about stating it. Sometimes people are not so nice about things, they assault with their views. I feel though that yes it is best to keep these terrorist creatures where they are, but this way is still not working. They might build up bigger armies if we leave, yes, but I think they are already doing it with us there. They just do it in Pakistan and the mountains of Afghanistan. Sadly to say, they do it here too. Many people have been arrested in America for possible ties. Such a sad world we live in. Thanks for commenting man, I know you do not like the subject of politics on here.

Irminsul, I pretty much agree with what you said. We are getting to look even worse in this world as a result of this war, this is serious. People really think we are some kind of evil demons who attack other peoples homes and destroy them (Under this President it certainly seems like we do). This whole thing is a mess. I do not support the Iraq war, but I will not deny that I did at one point. When I thought it was true about the weapons of mass destruction I supported it, thinking it is either us or them. But I winded up being wrong, there were no weapons and this whole thing has become insane. There is no true war on terror because this President does not know what the f**k he is doing.

Senator Joseph Biden said that Iraq needs to be put into 3 states where each faction gets a state. So one part Sunni, one part Shiite, one part Kurdish. Nothing wrong with that. I am not saying there still would not be problems, but it would not be like this in my opinion. Right now it is like a civil war over there and our boys are caught in the middle.

I am afraid of what we are leaving the next generation with. Actually, I am afraid for my generation. All I need to see in the mail is that darn draft letter. My mother sometimes opens my mail and one time she opened it because it was from the United States Government. It was a draft registration form, she freaked out. She did not like that it was there and was worried it was something more than it was. Now I have a draft card because of it, I carry it around in my wallet. So pleasant (Sarcasm). She did not like seeing that, she talked to my dad, my uncle, my grandfather, and everyone else about it. Luckily though it was not a draft but a draft card, so that is a lot different. Now I am just registered for it, thank you government -- I get to go die in some useless war!

Anyhow. I do not want to come off as unpatriotic, I love my country. I just do not support this war or any wars they are appear to be thinking about. I will defend this land and my family till death, but not for the wrong reasons.

Well, I have said all I can, thanks, peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17665 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:29 pm
I'm not going to debate politics.
I won't debate religion, either, by the way . . .
There are 2 subjects to argue about that are both sure to cause anger on both sides.
Politics, and religion. People usually have pretty strong opinions on these 2 topics.
I'm not here for heated debates which neither side can win.
I'm willing to let people believe what they will, whether I agree with them or not. I'm not going to try to convince anyone of anything . . .
Not worth stealing "music-time,' to me . . .
I'm here for the music only . . .
I'm testing some new songs on an audience in Wallinford tonight.
. . . if I can stay awake long enough . . .
I don't like performing when I'm sleepy, but the guy in charge called me the other night, and I told him I'd be there . . .
I'd rather stay home and go to bed early, but I told him I'd be there.
I do what I say I will; so . . .
. . . z z z z . . .

#17673 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:18 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:I'm not going to debate politics.
I won't debate religion, either, by the way . . .
There are 2 subjects to argue about that are both sure to cause anger on both sides.
Politics, and religion. People usually have pretty strong opinions on these 2 topics.
I'm not here for heated debates which neither side can win.
I'm willing to let people believe what they will, whether I agree with them or not. I'm not going to try to convince anyone of anything . . .
Not worth stealing "music-time,' to me . . .
I'm here for the music only . . .
I'm testing some new songs on an audience in Wallinford tonight.
. . . if I can stay awake long enough . . .
I don't like performing when I'm sleepy, but the guy in charge called me the other night, and I told him I'd be there . . .
I'd rather stay home and go to bed early, but I told him I'd be there.
I do what I say I will; so . . .
. . . z z z z . . .

Lol. Tired man? I hate doing work when I am tired or studying.

As for the rest about what you said about discussing music only, I fully understand. Politics and religion are very controversial, so it tends to be best to avoid them. I like to debate, so it does not bother me. But I can see why it would bother others.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17674 by Irminsul
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:20 pm
I have such passion for these issues that its easy as hell to draw me into a debate about them. That's my foible. It takes a herculean effort on my part not to respond to this stuff, but I really shouldn't because as Rhythman says, this is a music forum. So I will keep giving it the effort.

Maybe I'll start diverting my musical efforts to protest songs...(*poke* *poke* *poke*)

#17679 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:41 pm
Hey, you guys are all right . . .