This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16471 by Musicbyd
Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:41 pm
peace
Last edited by Musicbyd on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

#16483 by Irminsul
Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:53 pm
OK, can someone decipher that for me?

#16488 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:06 pm
Okay, I have no bloody clue, but here is a shot at it! The translation:

"It seems to me if you put your ad in the forum people cannot find you or contact you, is there a way to message someone if they are a member of the forum board? I need another guitarist who can do backing vocals in an act based out of Corpus Christi. I make about $200-$500 at restaurants, bars, and small avenue based gigs, but the one place I want to play will not let me because I do not have enough members in my band. It is worth about $750 if I can get another person for the band, so if anyone can help me out I would be grateful."

Now, I am thinking he is trying to find another guitarist, but like has trouble getting them to contact him through here... Or something like that. This is my best shot at it. Lmao.

I am fluent in English and certain forms of Gibberish, that looks like a cross between both, and some other unknown language of the internet. :o

#16513 by Irminsul
Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:46 am
Thank you for the help. While I'm a polyglot at heart, that one just really stumped me.

#16520 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:41 pm
No problem. I still think I should take that to a cryptographer for verification of my translation. Lol.
#16636 by fisherman bob
Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:02 am
Absolutely butchering the English language seems to be almost a fad these days. Believe it or not, using proper punctuation and grammar actually makes it easier to communicate with one another. As more Americans butcher the English language and more and more illiegal aliens refuse to learn it, we will undoubtably become a massive noncommunicative CLUSTERFU*K. Later...

#16640 by Irminsul
Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:06 am
Can we stop bashing the immigrants please? As I stated FOUR f**k TIMES on this forum already, they tend to speak better English than us HOME GROWN BOYS do! And before you attack that, my experience comes from teaching English classes to them for 12 years.

#16651 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:13 pm
Well, I can see what you are saying Irminsul about the immigrants and our language. It has always fascinated me how non-Americans come over here and speak our language better -- not necessarily immigrants either, ambassadors, business men, etc... Here is a good example of four extremely fluent people I can name from the top of my head:

1. Dan Gillerman (Israeli Ambassador)
2. I do not remember his name, but he is a professor of Middle Eastern studies here in the US, the guy has incredible English proficiency. He is of Middle Eastern decent, but I do not recall which country.
3. Arnold Schwarzenegger, he migrated from Austria and his English is extremely good. Now he is a governor. Lol (I miss him acting).
4. My grandmother. When she migrated she only spoke Spanish I believe, then she learned English. She is pretty fluent in the language, now she mostly speaks Spanish, but years back she was very good at the language.

So yes, it goes to show you they can learn to speak well. However, I do agree with the fact that people in our country lack in depth English knowledge. They know nothing about punctuation, the spelling is atrocious, the formatting of their writing is very bad (Mashed up paragraphs, improper spacing, etc…), and they use too many internet acronyms. Face it, people are not trying too hard to speak so well anymore, this is not the 19th century or early 20th. I did not speak well either up until a couple of years back. I really pushed myself to learn a lot about the language. Some people are not that way, it can get very annoying if you are not a patient person.

I am not saying that I am grammatically perfect, but some people just plan out need to work on their English. Knowing how to properly read, write, and speak is an essential part of life. You will never get through college doing that, especially Ivy Leagues. (Which I am going to try to get into about 4 years). Well this is all my personal opinion, I mean no offense to others.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.
#16675 by Musicbyd
Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:25 pm
Guitaranatomy wrote:Okay, I have no bloody clue, but here is a shot at it! The translation:

"It seems to me if you put your ad in the forum people cannot find you or contact you, is there a way to message someone if they are a member of the forum board? I need another guitarist who can do backing vocals in an act based out of Corpus Christi. I make about $200-$500 at restaurants, bars, and small avenue based gigs, but the one place I want to play will not let me because I do not have enough members in my band. It is worth about $750 if I can get another person for the band, so if anyone can help me out I would be grateful."

Now, I am thinking he is trying to find another guitarist, but like has trouble getting them to contact him through here... Or something like that. This is my best shot at it. Lmao.

I am fluent in English and certain forms of Gibberish, that looks like a cross between both, and some other unknown language of the internet. :o
:? when you have gandchildren at your feet,while trying to type on your lap, you might understand. Oh, afterthought, IM if you taught english you should have caught venue not avenue. Dont complain about people about people poking fun at you (excert from one of your posts) the shoe may someday be on the other foot

#16681 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:09 pm
While I may understand it is very tricky to type with children around you, I still do not understand the lack of use of proper grammar. Other than that, there is nothing more for me to say.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.
#16684 by Irminsul
Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:43 pm
Musicbyd wrote:<snip> Oh, afterthought, IM if you taught english you should have caught venue not avenue. Dont complain about people about people poking fun at you (excert from one of your posts) the shoe may someday be on the other foot

What made you think I didn't catch it? I gave you a blanket criticism, not a point by point. But if you like, I'll do that next time.
#16707 by fisherman bob
Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 am
I'm only bashing THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS who refuse to learn English, and I've met many of them in Kansas City. The key word is ILLEGAL. The vast majority of ILLEGAL immigrants don't give a sh*t about this country. They are here to make money (can't blame them , there's no jobs in Mexico). Also I blame the American employers who are ILLEGALLY hiring the ILLEGAL immigrants and paying them ILLEGAL wages and not paying any employment taxes, which is ILLEGAL. Add to this CLUSTERFU*K the FACT that many of them refuse to learn English AND the native Americans who will not use proper English, then my friend you have a MASSIVE CLUSTERFU*K. I fully welcome LEGAL immigrants with open arms. I am not a native American, my grandparents are from Russia and England. They came over here LEGALLY and LEARNED THE ENGLISH language immediately upon entering this country. They worked hard and PAID THEIR TAXES. If there was a way for the MILLIONS of ILLEGAL immigrants to become LEGAL citizens and learn the English language I would be more than happy. One of the ironies of all this is the fact that there has been over 45 million abortions in this country since Roe v. Wade. It's obvious to me that the ILLEGAL immigrants are replacing those lives that were never given a chance to be born. We brought on this invasion by our own actions. What a mess...later...

#16710 by Irminsul
Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:18 am
Question: How do you know how many "illegal immigrants" refuse to learn English? What sort of statistics are you using? I can't offer any, only my personal experience, that shows the vast majority of them in my classes spoke some English before they got to my classroom...many of them speak it and write it better than HALF the participants on this forum.

So let's talk about clusterfucks again!

#16721 by Guitaranatomy
Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:02 pm
Lmao. I am sorry guys, but this just made me think we should call Lou Dobbs in.

Peace out guys, GuitarAnatomy.
#16730 by fisherman bob
Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:58 pm
is probably a tiny minority of those immigrants that exist in this country. YOUR CLASS is not the REAL WORLD. It's a good thing that a tiny few of them are learning English. I help run a public park in Olathe, Kansas. Olathe is a large suburban city not far from Kansas City. In this park on weekends there are literally HUNDREDS of Mexicans who do not speak a word of English. I've had run-ins with a LARGE number of them. I go fishing at a state fishing lake north of Emporia, Kansas. This lake is out in the country, surrounded by farmland. This year there were dozens of illegal Mexicans there drunk with baseball bats threatening American citizens who were there LEGALLY fishing. Very fortuneately for them a swarm of policeman and park rangers arrived before I operated on them with my 45 caliber scalpel. Irminsul, you mean well, and it's apparent that you are well-intended, but you got to get yourself out into THE REAL WORLD SOMETIMES. The reason why so many Americans are PISSED OFF is because we are giving our country away to people who don't deserve it, or maybe THEY ARE TAKING IT AWAY FROM US UNDER OUR INDIFFERENT NOSES. I emphasize once again, I welcome LEGAL immigrants with open arms. If you want to come into MY COUNTRY, SIGN THE GUESTBOOK, TELL ME WHO YOU ARE, LET ME CHECK YOUR BACKGROUND INFO, LEARN ENGLISH AND WELCOME ABOARD. Later...