This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#17681 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:09 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Hey, you guys are all right . . .

Somebody grab this guy a pillow before we lose him! :D

#17682 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:35 pm
. . . z z z . . .
. . . z z z . . .
. . . z z z . . . zzgumorphphphp, smack, smack . . .
Aw, hell; playing at 9 tonight; should be REAl interesting . . . I don't have anything simple to play, either . . . where's that pillow?
. . . z z z z . . .
. . . z z z . . . . . . z z z . . . zzmmargh um alba alba . . . uhhh . . .
. . . time to make the donuts, yet? . . .

#17683 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:13 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:. . . z z z . . .
. . . z z z . . .
. . . z z z . . . zzgumorphphphp, smack, smack . . .
Aw, hell; playing at 9 tonight; should be REAl interesting . . . I don't have anything simple to play, either . . . where's that pillow?
. . . z z z z . . .
. . . z z z . . . . . . z z z . . . zzmmargh um alba alba . . . uhhh . . .
. . . time to make the donuts, yet? . . .

*Hands him a pillow* There is the pillow. 9 at night and no easy songs... I would fall asleep over the guitar and snore on stage, maybe with luck your snores will sound like music and they will clap... I have a good imagination don't I? Lmao. :D

#17700 by Shima
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:25 am
I have a question....why this topic existing alrealy? :shock:

#18060 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:14 pm
AP: Benazir Bhutto has been assasinated.

I do not know how many of you are familiar with this, if any. She was a Former Prime Minister of Pakistan, she was planning on running for Prime Minister of that country (A third time). How she died is not %100 percent known. They think she was killed by gunshot wounds in the neck, which followed after a suicide blast near her vehicle.

This is very serious, I know this is a music forum, but since we have posted here about politics in this section, I figured I would state this one last thing. This could lead to a revolution in that country and perhaps cause serious problems for our own.

If we think immigration is bad, this might just minimize that. It is all very sad.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18064 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:38 pm
Hey, I follow current events, too, guy. And I do think that's extrememly important story, too.
But don't try to turn this site into an editorialist's soap - box, ok?
There are not many good music sites around. . . let's not water this one down with unrelated topics, ok?

#18066 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:55 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Hey, I follow current events, too, guy. And I do think that's extrememly important story, too.
But don't try to turn this site into an editorialist's soap - box, ok?
There are not many good music sites around. . . let's not water this one down with unrelated topics, ok?

Sorry about that, man. Not trying to water it down, but figured might as well bring it up. I agree there are not many music sites around. Anyhow, that is why I posted this here, in this section, because I figured this topic is blown up enough already, nothing more can hurt it.

No harm meant, if you want I can delete the post.

#18070 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 pm
Nahhh, that's ok.
Have you played out in public yet?

#18074 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:15 pm
Played guitar out in public? Not yet man, lol. But I found someone to jam with, he seems cool. I am hoping to jam with him soon or when I get my new gear.

#18211 by Guitaranatomy
Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:46 pm
RhythmMan, I listened to most of your pieces that you have uploaded here and on myspace. You are very good acoustic guitarist, very smooth. I have a ton of trouble playing smooth on acoustics.

But I was wondering something, how come you do not play solos over any of your stuff? The song "The 4th Emotion" is a great song to solo over. I actually tried it (Fiddled on the guitar while listening to it), and it is a good song to put a blues solo to. Just a suggestion, man.

Well, good luck, and keep writing! You sound great. Sorry I did not take a look at your stuff earlier, I am slow to getting around to things like that.

#18282 by RhythmMan
Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:44 pm
Thanks.
Re: the "4th Emotion." I didn't play a lead over it because I do not want to play lead.
I am a rhythm man. Remember, not all rhythm players ARE rhythm players because they can not do lead. Personally, I'd much rather play all 6 strings at once.
I want to play my leads with full chords, instead of single notes.
Rather than just a few notes, I enjoy finding and playing a full chord that fits between the existing chords of a song. I enjoy the challenge . . . it sure is more effort to harmonize an intersticed chord . . .
Also, remember that I am a songwriter, and a soloist.
I couldn't hold an audience's interest as well (as a solist) if I only played lead, instead of rhythm, eh?
And, so I devote my practices to faster and more challenging chord changes, and writing new songs.
No time for lead, too; I have 100 songs that nead the chords first . . .
Also, "The 4th Emotion" seemed to be pretty complete already, and I felt that adding another instrument to it could easily cover up some of the guitar and bass.
Go back and listen real closely to my bass on the song; I hope you'll see what I mean . . .

#18297 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:32 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Thanks.
Re: the "4th Emotion." I didn't play a lead over it because I do not want to play lead.
I am a rhythm man. Remember, not all rhythm players ARE rhythm players because they can not do lead. Personally, I'd much rather play all 6 strings at once.
I want to play my leads with full chords, instead of single notes.
Rather than just a few notes, I enjoy finding and playing a full chord that fits between the existing chords of a song. I enjoy the challenge . . . it sure is more effort to harmonize an intersticed chord . . .
Also, remember that I am a songwriter, and a soloist.
I couldn't hold an audience's interest as well (as a solist) if I only played lead, instead of rhythm, eh?
And, so I devote my practices to faster and more challenging chord changes, and writing new songs.
No time for lead, too; I have 100 songs that nead the chords first . . .
Also, "The 4th Emotion" seemed to be pretty complete already, and I felt that adding another instrument to it could easily cover up some of the guitar and bass.
Go back and listen real closely to my bass on the song; I hope you'll see what I mean . . .

I see what you mean now. Okay, that is fascinating, a staunch rhythm guitarist, of whom most lead guitarists wish they could play like, lol. Well, I see what you were saying about "The 4th Emotion," it is a pretty full song already and anything else could interfer with the bass. By the way, nice bass beat.