This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#8835 by Teleca
Wed May 23, 2007 3:33 am
I have sent messages to musicians I may be interested in working with but I cannot tell if they have recieved my message and read it...
Does BandMix send a message to the users email address? or do they have to check there bandmix inbox? Also will I recieve a message from bandmix when someone responds to my message or if someone is trying to get in touch with me?

Thanks Teleca :?

#8850 by Jacquee Rae
Wed May 23, 2007 3:12 pm
Teleca,

Hello! I am a non paying member at this time so I can only share with you what my experience has been.

I receive an email when a member contacts me telling me that I have a message. I have to come to my bandmix account to check the message.
I can then respond to that message, but I can not go to your profile and send one.

I am not sure if there is a way to tell if your message was received or has been read. I assume that a bandmix member reads and typically responds to these, but I happened to be cruising through and thought I might be able to help.

Your pic is adorable by the way!
Hope I helped somewhat. :)

#11348 by Broadjumper
Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:57 am
I'm a new-bee to Bandmix, but I have realized that members with Free accounts may receive mail via their mailbox, but with a Free account you are not able to send mail...only recieve mail.

#11569 by BMix
Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:56 pm
You can receive messages and reply to those specific messages for FREE. You only have to upgrade to initiate contact with another member.

Cheers,

-The BandMix Team

#12312 by Louise Collette
Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:07 pm
Hi,

I have oonly just joined, but the info that I read says that they have changed it now so that if a non-paying member gets a message, they can reply to it.

Louise :wink:

#12335 by RhythmMan
Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:17 pm
Louise, I'm a free member, so I can't message you. My father's ancesters were from England somewhere. . . wonder if you're a relative.
Alan Bradley, Madison, CT, USA.
#12451 by adytiger
Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:01 pm
Agree with all that. If you sign up for free, people can contact you but you can't contact others - bit of a drag but fair enough I suppose. HOWEVER, I recently really wanted to contact and interesting ad and so tried to upgrade my membership to do so. Message came back warning me that the Bandmix site had a dodgy Security Certificate and advised me not to go there (so I didn't!). What say you to this Bandmix HQ?

Ady

#13300 by Sal_Lead
Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:52 am
Broadjumper wrote:I'm a new-bee to Bandmix, but I have realized that members with Free accounts may receive mail via their mailbox, but with a Free account you are not able to send mail...only recieve mail.

In the computer world that would be called a WOM (Write only memory) essentially useless.

#13301 by RhythmMan
Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:47 am
Not quite.
If you're a free member, and someone else contacts you, you can answer them & send messages back and forth . . .

#13307 by Starfish Scott
Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:08 am
Omg did you hear "Louise Bradley"?

Give that a listen and tell me what you say.

Gorgeous girl..indeed.

#14311 by robmcneilhighfive
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:13 pm
I think it's ridiculous to not be able to initiate contact with someone.

Most people have gotten wise to this and posted email address in their profile.

I was trying to contact someone today, but CAN'T...and don't want the hassle of upgrading, to be honest, im still not down with giving out credit info on the inter-web

#14312 by robmcneilhighfive
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:27 pm
umm i really hope im mistaken...but i'm pretty sure bandmix doesn't allow you to type in your email dress into anything in your profile...they must have some filter or something...pretty shitty.

#14353 by ThirdShiftPsycho
Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:17 pm
robmcneilhighfive wrote:umm i really hope im mistaken...but i'm pretty sure bandmix doesn't allow you to type in your email dress into anything in your profile...they must have some filter or something...pretty shitty.

My e-mail is posted in mine. For those that haven't posted their e-mails, I've had some degree of luck searching for their user names on the web. People have a tendency to use the same names for several different sites.