This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

RE:

#423 by BMix
Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:48 am
Hello,

You can contact other members on the site by first creating a profile and then upgrading to a premier member. If you are already a free member, you can upgrade by logging into your account and clicking on the 'upgrade to premier' link at the top of the page.

After you are a premier member, you can use the 'contact' button on members' profiles to send them messages. Make sure you are logged in.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
BandMix Staff
www.bandmix.com
#1505 by Blindfold5150
Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:18 am
BMix wrote:Hello,

You can contact other members on the site by first creating a profile and then upgrading to a premier member. If you are already a free member, you can upgrade by logging into your account and clicking on the 'upgrade to premier' link at the top of the page.

After you are a premier member, you can use the 'contact' button on members' profiles to send them messages. Make sure you are logged in.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
BandMix Staff
www.bandmix.com
Best regards !!!Good luck!!!
#1898 by grogthecaveman
Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:52 pm
what makes this site so special that you should have to pay to use it? I am new here.... maybe i just missed something.

NCMusic.com and Myspace let you do contact people for free... what gives?

#4309 by redstrat
Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:42 pm
yeah you can find crap free free free i ain't no millioaire got to save by money for my 34 kids andwife ha ha just to do it free put and email on there but hell i dont know i'm an idiot on the computer just like a caveman

#4615 by metalfreaks
Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:21 pm
I know people need to make money and all, but this site would be 100 times better if you could contact other members for free. I refuse to give out my credit card info over the web anymore. Plus, if this was for the better good your company wouldn't be so greedy. $9.95 a month! Give me a break.

#4873 by MetalcrateGT41
Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:17 pm
dude, bandmix needs to free up the messaging privalege. my bands just looking for a singer, then i'll be so done with this thing. if we cant contact members through "contact members" then i'll just have to through forums cause i'll be damned if i have to pay $9.95 to send one message.

#5029 by Shovelhed
Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:49 pm
By saying they put time, effort, hard work, and dedication to keep this website up and running so people can talk, get together and hopefully become successful in the music industry.

No, I don't like it just as much as everyone else in here does... but that's just how they can justify it, and actually make sense when saying it.

#5043 by drummermu
Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:06 pm
Hey, I've got it! A loophole if you will. Just talk on the forums. If you want to take it further, email each other. I'll be glad to give mine out with hopes of a promising situation.

#5045 by RhythmMan
Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 pm
In the past, they have censored email addresses, and addresses to other web sites.

#6355 by Stareater
Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:57 pm
I think I'd be okay with something along the lines of a $20 or $25 annual membership fee, but the $9.95 monthly or $59.95 yearly is silly, especially when it seems like there's a catch to the "unlimited" contact. Right now, my band is looking for a lead singer and second guitarist. I need to pay $60 to contact a few people? That's crazy. Internet sites that try to charge people first and then offer service later usually fail. It's tough to try and charge money for what other sites offer for free. Unfortunately, for some reason, Connecticut musicians seem to all live on Bandmix and ignore the free classifieds. There has to be a happy medium that this place can find. :?

#6405 by tahitijack
Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:47 pm
With all the alternate and free websites where you can find other musicians I doubt Band Mix will be much more than a musican forum. Too bad. The free connection was why I came here in the first place. As Cindy once said "Money Changes Everything."
Last edited by tahitijack on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RE:

#6482 by BMix
Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:40 pm
Hey Guys,

We appreciate your feedback. BandMix was created by musicians, and from my personal experience finding other musicians can be difficult. You first go through people you know, friends of friends, then maybe music stores or local classifieds in your paper. With this in mind, we've attempted to price BandMix to be generally cheaper than an ad in your local paper. And here, you can preview everyone you may be interested in without paying anything. We put this site together to really help musicians find others with similar style. The price should be affordable to nearly anyone...the membership fees are what allows BandMix to be actually useful to musicians by advertising and reaching hundreds of thousands of aspiring musicians and bands. Hope this helps to clarify the intent, we receive success stories everyday and hope to continue helping musicians. Thank you for being a part of the BandMix Community.

Cheers,
-The BandMix Team

RE:

#6493 by jmiller4243
Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:10 am
Oh GOD@!!! please don't listen to these people. I can't take another site full of popups and spam. I'm more than happy to pay 9 bucks for a clean working site. I found another guitar player here in ATL through BandMix. Keep up the good work guys!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXO
-JESS