This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#15889 by sixtysomething
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:09 am
Hi John Wilder and other replies and comments

Thank you for your replies at least I know there are other people out there. The strange thing is that I am from the UK and all the comments and replies are from the USA. It would be useful if there was a way by which we knew if the musician we had tried to contact had definitely received an email from us and there was an automatic reply back to us to say that. We would then at least know that persons email address was still live and they had chosen not to come back. I would prefer it if people replied whatever then at least you would know contact had been made.

Keep on rocking

Denis (sixtysomething)

#16351 by Axgrinder
Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:10 am
redstrat wrote:yeah you can find crap free free free i ain't no millioaire got to save by money for my 34 kids andwife ha ha just to do it free put and email on there but hell i dont know i'm an idiot on the computer just like a caveman

I don't think cavemen had computers..... dude! :twisted: However, where I live, it would be futile to become anything more than a free member.

Ax

#16352 by Axgrinder
Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:14 am
sixtysomething wrote:Hi, I have contacted three people (two of them twice) and I haven't received replies from any of them. I understand that maybe I might not be what they are looking for, but I would expect someone to contact me and tell me that. Has anyone had any success in contacting other people on this sight? Please reply to this or I will get paranoid.

Keep on rocking

Denis (sixtysomething)

No!

#16360 by RhythmMan
Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm
I've been contacted a dozen 8-9 times.

#16363 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:49 pm
*Shrug* I have only been contacted once since I signed up here. But I have never contacted anyone else, do not have the payed for membership version. I am not looking for a band now, so it is superfluous to me. Peace out.

#18378 by strategy400
Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:32 pm
Just put

myemail at myemaildomain . com

in your profile dummies

#20380 by shatnershairpiece
Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:07 am
This site is a joke. Who's going to pay $10 a month to contact another musician when you can easily advertise on craigslist for free? And it only provides 10 mb of audio? Barely enough for 1 or two songs. LOL! You can upload on soundclick, NO LIMIT.

Seriously, I talk to a dozen people a month on craigslist and even then you're lucky if one of them works out to the point you get together for a jam.

For them to say this is 'about the same price as a paper ad' is also ridiculous. Our local entertainment/news paper (free all over the city) ran free ads for musicians, and guess what...no one even lists in that anymore because of craigslist being much more effective than any paper.

#20408 by RhythmMan
Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:08 pm
Hey, shatnershairpiece,
"Funky Hairpiece' is a cool tune. That lead doesn't sound easy, man . . .
Also, "Moontang" is cool. Haven't heard that kind of "Jeff Beck" kind of stuff for years . . .

#20441 by shatnershairpiece
Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:00 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Hey, shatnershairpiece,
Also, "Moontang" is cool. Haven't heard that kind of "Jeff Beck" kind of stuff for years . . .

Hey, thanks for the kind comments. I've been working on 'funky hairpiece' for a few days. I just added this nice outro vamp. The trick for me is try to get some variety of chords/tones in one song, so it doesn''t get boring. And having a strong finish or fade out.

Reminds you of Beck? Well, that's interesting. He wasn't really in mind when I did it, but I probably picked up a lot of his influence since I started learning 'blow by blow' when I was 15. Guys like Robben Ford/Trower are also big influences.

#22780 by gbheil
Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:37 pm
I like this site, dont spend that much time on the net anyway. Built my band using Bandmix :roll: I know, youve heard it before. :roll: I really enjoy listening to the people play as well as the conversation /arguments.
Hell I spend more than ten bucks a month on candy bars, big deal.

#22786 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:04 pm
^Candy bars... You should not be eating those, have to stay in "tip-top- shape" for Mortal Kombat, or else I am going to lose my money! :x

So, get to the gym and train! There is a lot of money on this!

-----

Lmao. I am just kidding around with you.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#22787 by gbheil
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 pm
Two torn ligaments in right shoulder. I'll have to hit Gouro with my trusty axe. TWANG! Gone to get another Butterfinger.

#22794 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:29 pm
Lmao! No, no butterfingers!

Fine, ruin your body, but it is not going to be me complaining when you are getting your head smashed in by Goro! I will know why, it is this unhealthy diet you follow.

I will just have to train myself and enter!

"MORTAL KOMBAT!!!" *Coughs, cracked his voice yelling this, takes a break and eats something unhealthy.*

:(

#22892 by HowlinJ
Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:07 pm
I have a "cheapskate" membership. Never the less, I have been contacted by a paying Bandmix member, an excellent drummer who has been living (and playing) in my neck of the woods for over 40 years. He lives less then 5 miles down the road, has excellent practice space, is a very likable chap, sings good backups , has good equipment, knows how to book gigs, and I expect to be out gigging shortly with or without a guitarist. The important point is, even though this guy has virtually been my neighbor for most of my life , before I singed up for BandMix, I didn't even know the man existed!

Like any other tool (or musical instrument) BandMix works , if you have a little faith in it and you learn how to use it to your advantage.

It seems strange that many so called "professional musicians" are complaining about paying less then $10 to contact valuable band-mates, but have thousands of dollars worth of instruments lying around that they aren't playing! :roll:

#23258 by Needle in a haystack
Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:28 am
shatnershairpiece wrote:
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Hey, shatnershairpiece,

Hey, thanks for the kind comments. I've been working on 'funky hairpiece' for a few days. I just added this nice outro vamp. The trick for me is try to get some variety of chords/tones in one song, so it doesn''t get boring. And having a strong finish or fade out.

Reminds you of Beck? Well, that's interesting. He wasn't really in mind when I did it, but I probably picked up a lot of his influence since I started learning 'blow by blow' when I was 15. Guys like Robben Ford/Trower are also big influences.

Nice stuff Shat,I realy enjoyed it. Smooth,tastefull,great groove.I am no Vinnie C.OR Hillary J. by no mean's.(just a fan) But you have some nice stuff my friend..