This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#59232 by HowlinJ
Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:49 am
I heard these guys playin' live on the radio, and they blew me away.
Proof that there are plenty of young people who can ROCK!

(I'm not the biggest fan of brass in general, but I know good rockin' when I hear it. Take into consideration that this is a live video, and enjoy!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZz9LU_ ... re=related

Howlin'

#59263 by Andragon
Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:05 pm
Old school. That was really good actually. Funkeh. Thanks, man.

#60201 by Black57
Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:58 am
Yeah, I like 'em. Thanks for sharin' 8)

#60235 by philbymon
Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:45 pm
THAT is a fun act! Thanks, HJ!

#60454 by HowlinJ
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:30 am
I gotta tell y'all,
after checkin' out again what these guys do with a minimal tenor, alto and trumpet section, I'm starting to think that I'd like to try a bigger type of band like that myself.

The last working band I had was a standard rock quartet, with bass, drums, guitar and keys. I can also front a half decent trio without the guitar, which seems a good idea in the present economy.

however,

With cats that can blow brass like those guys, I'm thinkin' that a band with an ass kickin' sound like that could book for enough money to make it worth the effort!

Any opinions?

Howlin'

P.S. I,m not currently in a position to reform a band, since I need to get our new house built by September, but I'm thinkin' about future options.
Besides that drivin',just gotta dance style, R&B sound, I would love to pull off some of those old John Mayall, and Paul Butterfield Blues Band brass tunes from the 60's. Maybe its time to revamp the old Band-Mix profile to troll for some horny musicians! :)

#60456 by Andragon
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:49 am
Don't hold back if you wanna do it, man. Go for it!

#60489 by philbymon
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:30 pm
I'm sure you'd get lotsa gigs...not so sure about the bucks, though.
#242051 by saboor
Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:55 am
I've seen Yes in concert twice. Once with the Wakeman/Howe lineup, and once with Trevor Rabin. I prefer Rabin's work as a guitarist (I don't much like Howe's style), but as one of the godfathers of modern Prog they're just a must-have band in my collection. I always wished Wakeman could have stuck around long enough to do a couple albums with Rabin. I think that would have been the best Yes material ever.
#242055 by schmedidiah
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:33 pm
Not too sure about the non sequitur nature of your post, but I love me some 80's Yes (Yes West). I start listening to it, and I can't stop. ABW&H is great, too. Love that Union album, too. Sad I missed it in its day.
As for brass bands. I'm a high school band nerd. I've been dying to play with some brass again. Powerful stuff.