This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#61997 by allwillbewon
Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:59 am
My buddy Cliff's solo on a cover Money Money, lol! He got his tremelo bar caught UNDER the strings.....and I have it on tape! :lol:

#62060 by ColorsFade
Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:41 pm
Anything by Primus.

#62062 by Kramerguy
Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:09 pm
for me, the greatest worst (or just boring?) solo will always be Judas Priest - Livin after Midnight... I know it was intentional.. but my god it just sucks.

#62077 by Around the Corner
Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:00 pm
I'd have to say Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl

#66239 by bigmacbassman
Tue May 05, 2009 4:03 am
I'm gonna have to agree. Anything by Neil Young. His guitar sounds like a cat in a blender. Wrong, just wrong.

#66245 by ted_lord
Tue May 05, 2009 4:34 am
ColorsFade wrote:Anything by Primus.

yah primus sucks, how could any one appreciate that terrible dissonant music oh wait

actually as for bad solo's I'd say anything by dragonforce, and I like modern metal

#73294 by bundydude
Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 am
It's really a matter of opinion. One persons favorite, is another ones worst. With that being said, and I have nothing but respect for both of these guys...but, Jimmy Page played some pretty sloppy things, although, I'm sure thats exactly the way they're suppose to sound, and Tom Morello, innovative as can be, but, sometimes, it's mere noise.
Last edited by bundydude on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
#73449 by Jason2
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:46 pm
So I won't say anything. :?

#91043 by RobBradley
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 am
You want worst ANYTHING? I have your champions right here with links:

The Shaggs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9UT2zF8c8)
Dominic Horman (http://www.myspace.com/dominichomanrocks)

Note - Wesley Willis was not included because....he at least can follow a "verse - chorus" structure and also....well....he's just plain awesome, I can't diss that.

#91133 by ColorsFade
Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:45 pm
ted_lord wrote:
yah primus sucks, how could any one appreciate that terrible dissonant music oh wait

I can appreciate dissonant music; I'm a prog-head after all.

But when something sounds terrible, it just sounds terrible. And that's all there is to it.

#91147 by Starfish Scott
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:14 pm
I used to HATE Primus.

I was in the parking lot during one of the Lolapolooza's and they were unfing real.

Live Primus must be seen to understand their attraction.

(My name is Mud
Not to be confused with Bill
Or Jack or Pete or Dennis
My name is mud and it's always been
'Cause I'm the most boring sons-a-bitch you've ever seen
I dress in blue-yes navy blue
From head to toe I'm rather drab except my patent shoes
I make 'em shine, well most the time
'Cept today my feet are troddin' on by this friend of mine
Six foot two and rude as hell
I got to get him in the ground before he starts to smell
My name is Mud)

#99466 by jp700
Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 pm
Bachman Turner Overdrive-"Takin Care of Business".....the lamest out of tune predictable solo in pop music history.

#100765 by iamnotjerry
Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:47 am
Everything Peter Frampton did on the Comes Alive LP. After his blistering work in Humble Pie, his transition to this mega hit record has to be the WORST. I still puke when I hear anything from the recording.

jorge

http://www.iamnotjerry.com

#100835 by gbheil
Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:40 pm
iamnotjerry wrote:Everything Peter Frampton did on the Comes Alive LP. After his blistering work in Humble Pie, his transition to this mega hit record has to be the WORST. I still puke when I hear anything from the recording.

jorge

http://www.iamnotjerry.com

WOW !! Tuff freakin crowd man. I love that album.

Gee, I like Cinnamon Girl too. :oops: