This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#43129 by philbymon
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Grrr - that 1st link just gets you to the site of his vids & products. Check out "Sorority Girls From Hell" in the vid section. It cracks ppl up BIGGLY.

Of course they're all good, but I really love that one. "Irish Language Lab" is amazing, too.

"Magic" is from Elephant Parts, & is a wonderful fifties style throwback tune.

I know - I do go on about this guy, but he's one of my personal heroes, & I don't know for the life of me why he is...except he's that good.

#43225 by pusMonkey
Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:10 pm
If you don"t like being confused for a girl, dress like a man.

Was that comment meant for me, Bob? I don't hear Bob Seger complaining as much as describing life on the road, and encountering small-town, good-ol-boys stagnant in their ignorance.

As for the Monkees, those boys rocked with "Stepping Stone" and "Valerie"
Remember Sid Vicious' version of "Stepping Stone"? That was painful.

bad song lyric:
"Muskrat Susie, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug out in muskrat land
and they shimmy, and Sammy's so skinny"

#43232 by thesystemhasfailed
Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:19 am
I see a man at the back
As a matter of fact his eyes are red as the sun
And a girl in the corner let no one ignore her
'Cause she thinks she's the passionate one

Oh, yeah, it was like lightning, everybody was frightening
And the music was soothing, and they all started groovin

my mom used to listen 2 this cheesy @$$ song and just listening to those stupid lyrics and annoying voice would p.o. the dahlai lama

#43282 by Andragon
Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:50 pm
Man, I feel your pain. Shitty ass 80s disco pop sh*t pisses me the fck off!

:D

#43301 by pusMonkey
Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 am
I thought Sweet were from the 70's glam era? (not 80's disco pop)

#43351 by fisherman bob
Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:44 pm
pusMonkey, I was talking about Bob Seger. I have no idea what you look like or how you dress. I get a strong impression in Turn the Page that Bob Seger isn't exactly ecstatic with his life as a rock and roll superstar. To me that song is a waste of great music. A song by Jackson Browne which is very similar (I forget the song title) describes him being on tour and being upset because he doesn't get to play as much as he would like. I interpret those song lyrics much differently than Turn the Page. I can sympathisize with Browne but I can't understand Seger's sentiments. Ironically I had a similar event happen to me, kind of in reverse. I was playing a large venue in Springfield, Missouri in the early 90's. We were staying at a hotel next to a Country Kitchen restaurant. After the gig me and the drummer went to Country Kitchen to get a bite to eat. At the time we had short hair, loose fitting pants, and sneakers on. Back then the redecks had long hair, ear-rings, tight levis, and cowboy boots. As we walked in I heard one of the rednecks say very softly "faggots." The drummer did not hear this. We sat at the table and when I looked up EVERY REDNECK IN THE PLACE WAS STARING AT US. I mean there was at least two dozen of them and two of us. Fortuneately I'm six one and at the time about 240 lbs and the drummer was a policeman who was also a bodybuilder (about 200 lbs). When we got done we went back to the hotel. I thought the rednecks would attempt to beat us up, but they didn't do anything. It was fortuneate for them because the drummer being a cop usually carried a gun with him. When we got back to the hotel I asked him if he realized that everybody there thought we were gay. He did not. I told him I overheard them saying we were faggots. He asked me why I didn't tell him. I told him you would have pulled out your gun, right? He said yes. I also told him that I didn't think anybody would want to mess with me, which was the case thank God. Later....

#43352 by gbheil
Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:55 pm
Ok Bob, time for redneck lesson.
I say this in jest so nobody get all PC pissed.
Queer / gay = guy who likes to have sex with other guys.
Faggot = guy who dont like beating up queers.
Not condoning violence either. just an old tasteless joke from the 70s
So just because some one said you was a faggot, dont mean they think your gay.

#43360 by HowlinJ
Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:38 am
Here's how I always thought the terminology went down....

Queer .... peculiar

Gay ... That's when you're happy, usually around Christmas.

Faggot ... A bundle of sticks to be used as fuel in a masonry wood stove.

Homosexual ... An individual who prefers intimacy with another of the same sex.

Damn, I would have thought that Y'all would have known all that by now! :)

Back on topic,

In the early 60's, some chick sang a song called "Is that all there is" , considered by some to be the worst song ever recorded.

DAMN! I found it on U tube! Oh nooooo! say it isn't so! The piece of crap was sung by none other then the great Peggy Lee! :oops:
I guess were all entitled to a bomb once in awhile!

anyways

check it out - IF YOU DARE! :twisted:
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=qe9kKf7SHco

#43386 by fisherman bob
Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:39 am
I can assure you that they thought we were gay. We weren't wearing the same clothes, nor did we have the same hairstyle, nor did we have our girlfriends with us, therefore we were gay. The guy who called us "faggots" was most certainly attempting to inform his numerous redneck buddies that we were at the least not welcome in such a fine establishment as Country Kitchen. Back then I was not one to be messed with. I guesstimated that even though we were far outnumbered, those who outnumbered us were also clearly respectful of obviously superior powerful triceps and biceps. There are two things about strangers that people instinctively know, power and money. If you meet somebody for the first time you can usually tell right away that they probably can knock you on your butt. If we had been smaller people I bet my mortgage there would have been at the least a few battered and bruised people. The hateful stares we were getting were UNBELIEVABLE. What's even more unbelievable is how can anybody tell that somebody is gay? Maybe some people have some kind of "fagometer" in their pants. For those who don't know a fagometer is a little thing that pops up when a gay guy enters the room. I felt like confronting the idiot who called us faggots and asked him if he had a fagometer in his pants. Or better yet maybe I could have borrowed his girlfriend for a few hours. She could have reported back to him that at the least I was bisexual. (By the way I consider MYSELF a redneck. There's nothing worse to a heterosexual redneck like me than to be called a faggot.) Later...

#43420 by pusMonkey
Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:57 pm
THE worst song ever recorded:
"Tip-toe through the tulips" (Tiny Tim)

#43444 by gbheil
Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:36 am
I am not a big man Bob. The aura of power is not always about size.
My wife says that I look like I just killed and ate my mother. Generally a peacefull man myself, that "look" has kept my butt out of many scrapes.
That fagometer thing was funny. I'd never heard that one.
I do try not to be judgemental. I just dont comprehend the same sex attraction.
I mean for a guy, what is there to not like about women?

#43467 by philbymon
Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:57 pm
I think it may depend on your personal experience with them, sans...I'm thinking of giving up on them, myself, right now. Can't think of a viable alternative for myself, though. Maybe the neighbor's goat? She sure is cute!

#43475 by dummskot99
Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:51 pm
From Will Smith's 'Getting Jiggy With It'

"you gotta Prada bag with a lot a stuff in it"

I am sure he or someone could have come up with something that rhymes/works better than that.

#43492 by HowlinJ
Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:17 pm
philbymon wrote:I think it may depend on your personal experience with them, sans...I'm thinking of giving up on them, myself, right now. Can't think of a viable alternative for myself, though. Maybe the neighbor's goat? She sure is cute!

Hey Phil,
If your serious about "getting it on" with that goat, An ol' farmer friend of mine once said you need to incorporate a pair of hip boots (maybe FishermanBob can loan you a pair if ya don't have any.) Just stick that sweet little nanny's rear legs in those boots, along with yours and she'll buck like the dickens! (she won't get away neither) :twisted:

Never tried it myself,but it seems like the way to go!
good luck.
Howlin'

#43493 by fisherman bob
Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:29 pm
I don't have one opinion or another about anybody's sexual preferences. I do have an opinion about somebody's ignorant prejudgement of anybody for any reason without knowing a damn thing about that person. If you see somebody for the VERY FIRST TIME and you don't like the way they dress, or the color of their skin, or the way they talk, or ANYTHING that your pea-brain conceives that makes you think negatively about that person then the very best policy you could have is TO KEEP YOUR DAMNED MOUTH SHUT and LEAVE THEM ALONE. There's no better slogan than SILENCE IS GOLDEN. sanshouheil, I fully agree that size and power have nothing to do with each other. I've known guys that were 300lbs and looked like my grandmother could whip them, and then I've know guys that were 110 lbs soaking wet who could kick my ass. I used to work in a shipping warehouse and this truck driver used to pick up freight from us every day. He was all of about 110 lbs. My boss at the time was a big weightlifter who could bench almost 375 lbs and weiged about 190lbs. This little truck driver challenged my boss to an arm wrestling contest and pinned him in about five seconds nearly breaking his arm I also agree with you about the same sex attraction. I love women TOO MUCH. (Don't tell my wife, please!) Later...