This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#43551 by Shapeshifter
Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:38 am
Why did the goat comment HAVE to come from the West Virginia guy??!!

Why, oh Why??!!

:lol:

(Bleating sound): DDDDAAAAADDDDDYYYY!!

#43554 by HowlinJ
Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:15 am
Hey Joe,

Sometimes I think Philby was born under a baaaaaaaaaaaad sign!

(Caaaaaaaaaaaapricorn) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hooooooooooooowllin!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#43559 by neanderpaul
Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:12 am
^ ^^ ROFL!!!!

#43570 by RyanStrain3032
Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:17 am
Worst lyric ever:

Sade - "Coast to coast, L.A. to Chicago"

She obviously doesn't know her geography...

#43577 by philbymon
Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm
Hey Joseph - we just discovered a new use for sheep here in WV........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WOOL!

#43581 by HowlinJ
Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:42 pm
Back on topic'

how about,,,,,, John Denver's,

ALMOST HEAVEN, WEST VIRGINIA!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still,
Howlin' :D

#43671 by philbymon
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:22 pm
You're righter than I'd like to admit on that one, HJ. Ol' John Dender was definitely geographically challenged - the Shenandoah river only barely touches the state down at Harper's Ferry - so why the hell put it in the song?

The moonshine CAN INDEED put a teardrop in yer eye, though...heh heh heh

#43687 by Shapeshifter
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:56 am
I may be geographically challenged myself, but I'm also pretty sure that we are not in the blue ridge mountains, either. Could be wrong, though. :lol:

Aaahh....moonshine.

#43709 by philbymon
Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:47 pm
LOL

I was gonna mention that, myself, but I figured I'd wait & see if anyone was paying attention.

Good catch, Joseph!

I have a friend who makes the 'shine...good stuff, too. I wanted to buy a pick-up truck fulla pumpkins & make some outta that this fall, but the dreaded deer escapade has about ruined those plans.

Actually, that would be a brandy, wouldn't it, cuz it's vegetables & not grains?

Anybody ever drink the corn beer before it gets run through the still? Sweet stuff, but not my fave by any means.

#43744 by Robin1
Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:00 pm
"when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall, and down will come baby, cradle and all"

Nightmares forever for a little one, you would think. I (of course) changed the words to the song to "mommy will catch you, cradle and all"

:roll:

#43750 by fisherman bob
Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 pm
Robin, I love changing the words to a song! This shows you're making progress. In your new wedding band (hope you're still with it) go ahead and change the words to a song if you don't like it. Change in music is a good thing, even if it's changing a few words. Later...

#43756 by thesystemhasfailed
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:24 am
yeah, i heard this one blues chick do her own rendition of stevie ray vauhgn's pride and joy

#43851 by Robin1
Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:07 am
Still with the wedding band. Working out who sings what. What a pain that is. :? Gonna have to learn to stand up for myself. ...... Nah not gonna vent right now. 8) To late at night to get worked up again :lol:

#43854 by gbheil
Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:29 am
Gezz Rob, We had a rough practice last night. Steve was out (drummer)
And we were working on a mix of the new song. Two new voices. I thought Ray was going to lose his religion for a moment or two.
I just lay back and try to take it all in stride. After all if they are all focused on vox and backup, no one hears how bad I butchered the lead.
(except the bass and my ol lady) :oops:

#43856 by Robin1
Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:36 am
Ok...A tiny vent. You try to be nice and say..what do you think....then bam! Next thing ya know...she is singing the song.... :evil:

More mad at myself for not sticking up for me. :roll:

I am sure that your playing wasn't that bad!

It is all a work in progress. Progress being the key word!