This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Do you like to hear older songs updated by other bands?

35%
55%
8%
N/A
3%

#146785 by Jahva
Wed May 18, 2011 2:37 pm
Nazareth "Love Hurts"
They owned it like no other including the Everly brothers and Orbison.
Although Heart does a pretty damn good version.
#163887 by jonmacias
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 am
"Tell it like is"by Heart is all theirs! They owned it!
And if you can find it, Dio doing "Dream on" by Aerosmith
Speaking of Aerosmith, "Come Together" is bad ass!

#163888 by jonmacias
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:52 am
sanshouheil wrote:I guess me and Philby are the only Wine fans on the mix. No one else ever seems to mention them. A great band imo, from a time of some really bad pop / disco music.

Hey, I love them too!

#163889 by jonmacias
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 am
ted_lord wrote:
Andragon wrote:Knockin' on Heaven's Door should have been left a folk song and that's that.

Simple Man is a great song. Both versions are excellent.
Hmmm... there are so many official covers that sucked. Most of the ones that were on the MetallicA tribute album sucked.

Three Days Grace covered Chris Isaak's Wicked Game in their own style, which I like. It was really good, imo.

Johnny Cash should stop ruining great songs like Hurt and Rusty Cage. Poor Soundgarden.

andy, Johnny Cash's version of hurt actually conveys the emotions of hurt, pain, regret, sorrow...what trent reznor did was write a song for the market that he knew would eat it up, have you seen where he came from? look it up on youtube, trent reznor in the 80's I wanna say, just another 80's dude who was playing with synth's and some how he made a career outta it.

as for Mariyln Manson covers, you have to like what he's doing in the first place, but if you didn't like the original genre of "Sweet Dreams" and you hear the cover you might like it, at least my grumpy dad did haha. What I really like is when a rock band (70's prog especially) takes a stab at some classical music, but that's not a cover, that's an interpretation so it's different

Absolutely! Johnny Cash made that song!

#163920 by PierceG
Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 pm
Ginuwine's, "Pony," as performed by Far.

#183888 by Tyler Riddim Murphy
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:03 am
Red Red Wine by UB40 was, in my opinion, better than the original. But thats my opinion.