This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#18692 by jimmydanger
Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:30 pm
First single I bought was Ride A White Swan by T-Rex...

Love that tune!

#18693 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:38 pm
Greeniemagic wrote:Pah!!! You obviously missed out when you were little, we were raised on the good stuff.....Check this out by Middle of the Road :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMNADUgGfVg

Ahh! Lol. That is scary... Talk about music with that old 60's/70's sound. I did not miss out on anything, I think I was running away, lol.

Then again, I am sure my kids one day will yell at me, "Dad what is that crap from that band Metallica?" :cry: Oh well.

Once more, that is the wierdest sounding song ever... All I have to say to you is... Chirpy chirpy cheep! :lol:

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18694 by Greeniemagic
Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:03 pm
Haha I can tell you are hooked already...You will have forgotton all about Metallica by the time i've finished with you me laddy :P

Hey Jimmy...Yeah cool tune..Was gutted when I bought it though, was an ex jukebox single so had the middle missing and I couldn't play it for a while cus I didn't have one of those plastic bits you stuck in the middle :( Solid Gold Easy Action was the B side if I remember :P

#18697 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:45 pm
Greeniemagic wrote:Haha I can tell you are hooked already...You will have forgotton all about Metallica by the time i've finished with you me laddy :P

:cry: Oh great, I will go from head banging to jolly dancing in the streets yelling "Chirpy, chirpy, cheep!" Woo, I do not know how people are going to respond when I start throwing out my Metallica albums and replacing them with Tom Jones, and Middle of the Road... They will think I am taking something.

:lol:

#18699 by Greeniemagic
Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:58 pm
Ooooh it doesn't stop with the throwing out of the albums..Oh no my little cherub!!! You are now banned from the wearing of any metal gear and can only be seen in public with frilly shirts and funky flares...The more colourfull, the better :P

#18702 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:19 pm
Greeniemagic wrote:Ooooh it doesn't stop with the throwing out of the albums..Oh no my little cherub!!! You are now banned from the wearing of any metal gear and can only be seen in public with frilly shirts and funky flares...The more colourfull, the better :P

Lol! Okay, now talk about evil... I dress goth at times, I cannot go into the whole colorful thing, anything but that! :oops:

You are trying to convert me from a metalhead to a hippie. Lol. I am doomed... :cry:

#18730 by Irish Anthony
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:53 am
the first album i got my folks to buy for me was and im not making this up....wait for it....................

wait for it................

the "beatstreet" movie original soundtrack.....melly mel and the furious five and the likes..."beatstreet break down...ruff"

true story...i kid you not,not very rock n roll i know but an outstanding album none the less.

#18732 by neanderpaul
Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:08 am
^ I saw it in the theater. :oops:

#18752 by Irish Anthony
Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:32 pm
you and me both neanderpaul...double :oops:

#18753 by HowlinJ
Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:41 pm
I believe it was about 1954. Whilst in tha arms of my dear Mother, she softly singing "Shenandoah".
Blueberry Hill....... Fats Dominino
Hound Dog.......... Elvis
She Loves You..... Beatles.....and so on........

#19285 by Cary Smith
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:46 pm
Greeniemagic wrote:Puff The Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul & Mary...Was a great inspiration to me.

That was another big song in our house too along with a "Mary Poppins" album and the "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" soundtrack. I can't believe I'm putting that information out there for all to see...LOL

#19306 by Irminsul
Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:03 pm
Just remembered this one...when I was little, my mom would use the Rolling Stones song "Hey You, Got off a My Cloud" and substitute the words:

"Hey..You...go clean up your room
Hey...You...go clean up your room"

#21750 by Chris2203
Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:15 pm
Well, very first album was a record of mix children's songs, such as the one that goes "I know an old lady who swallowed a fly".....

The first "real" album I used to listen to alot was the soundtrack to "Jesus Christ Superstar" or Rick Wakeman's "Journey to the Center of the Earth"

#21778 by Starfish Scott
Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:06 pm
I knew some Beatles.

First "music" was Foreigner's "Cold as Ice". (omg, kill me now)

+

ABBA "Up, Up and Away in my beautiful Balloon". (even worse, if I actually said it, I would have cut out my tongue) lol

#21780 by jimmydanger
Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:35 pm
Wasn't that the Fifth Dimension? Or did ABBA do a cover of it?