This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295151 by brucechamoff
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:24 am
It seems that Clawfinger is such an amazing band, but I have never heard of them coming to the United States. How many musicians and music fans are Clawfinger fans? In case you have not heard of them, they are an amazing rap-metal-electronic band from Sweden and have been around since 1994.
#295153 by schmedidiah
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:33 pm
brucechamoff wrote:It seems that Clawfinger is such an amazing band, but I have never heard of them coming to the United States. How many musicians and music fans are Clawfinger fans? In case you have not heard of them, they are an amazing rap-metal-electronic band from Sweden and have been around since 1994.

I hadn't heard of them, but a quick youtube search shows that their biggest song is simply titled (the "N-word). the YT description clarifies that this is an anti-racist song, but pc culture wouldn't always be receptive to a bunch of unruly white Scandinavians making this message. probably held them back in the States. just a guess?
https://youtu.be/66JEmZTRhLo
#295155 by Mordgeld
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:56 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
brucechamoff wrote:It seems that Clawfinger is such an amazing band, but I have never heard of them coming to the United States. How many musicians and music fans are Clawfinger fans? In case you have not heard of them, they are an amazing rap-metal-electronic band from Sweden and have been around since 1994.

I hadn't heard of them, but a quick youtube search shows that their biggest song is simply titled (the "N-word). the YT description clarifies that this is an anti-racist song, but pc culture wouldn't always be receptive to a bunch of unruly white Scandinavians making this message. probably held them back in the States. just a guess?

You can't even say it to have an objective discussion, as Papa John's founder, John Schnatter found out.
#295156 by brucechamoff
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:15 am
schmedidiah wrote:

Hello schmedidiah, Interesting observation.I agree with you. Actually, they have even bigger hit songs like
The Truth
Biggest & The Best
Nothin' Going On
Price We Pay
Do What I Say
Recipe For Hate
Tear You Down (new single)

Try those songs. Yeah, I can see how the N-word can make them a controversial group and I would agree that if they performed in the US, they would be smart enough not to play that song, but then again, they have so many other hits like the songs above and more.
#295157 by schmedidiah
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:34 am
brucechamoff wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:

Hello schmedidiah, Interesting observation.I agree with you. Actually, they have even bigger hit songs like
The Truth
Biggest & The Best
Nothin' Going On
Price We Pay
Do What I Say
Recipe For Hate
Tear You Down (new single)

Try those songs. Yeah, I can see how the N-word can make them a controversial group and I would agree that if they performed in the US, they would be smart enough not to play that song, but then again, they have so many other hits like the songs above and more.

I didn't mean to say that song was a hit or something, but the youtube algorithms are pushing it so it probably gets the most clicks in this day and age. i'll get around to listening to them soon.
#295161 by schmedidiah
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:44 pm
sorry I missed your reply Mordgeld. I guess. that Papa John guy is a mixed bag. some good, some not so good. don't miss him on NFL broadcasts tho.

ok. Use Your Brain album, 1995...
intro is good. some rap rock, industrial elements. not bad. vocals are a tad annoying. screaming and yelling is better than the rapping. proficient musicians, repetitive song but not horrible. tbc....

1st edit *i'd say the album was the same song on repeat until this one finally delivered the changeup.
https://youtu.be/JpZNSg8T_g4