This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#46476 by vergarinho
Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:39 pm
pusMonkey wrote:I don't think the Cramps were that obscure.

Of course The Cramps are an obscure band, even though they did the very ocassional TV appearance, they never had a hit, they never a high selling album and even though they influence a crap load of people and practically invented a genre (psychobilly) they are barely acknowleded.

So yeah, I would definately consider them as obscure.

#46493 by Andragon
Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:49 am
Dr. Anubis Blackward wrote:the misfits!

The Misfits were not meant to be a best-selling band. And yes they played some heavy sh*t. They influenced a lot of thrash metal and speed metal in the mid 80s-90s.
Everyone must've listened to at least one Misfits song, one way or another. If it's not the fck-you-up-the-ass attitude, then it's the haircut.

#46666 by racefanrob
Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:22 pm
. . . DEVO . . .

definately obscure

#47936 by thesystemhasfailed
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:29 pm
liz phair nuff said
Last edited by thesystemhasfailed on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#48116 by thesystemhasfailed
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:45 pm
Of course The Cramps are an obscure band, even though they did the very ocassional TV appearance, they never had a hit, they never a high selling album and even though they influence a crap load of people and practically invented a genre (psychobilly) they are barely acknowleded.

So yeah, I would definately consider them as obscure.[/quote]

last time i checked the original inventors of psychobilly happened to be the meteors. the cramps were just a horrorpunk band and the very concept of psychobilly hadn't come around until the early 80's when the meteors started taking rockabilly and throwing in sci-fi and horror themes.

#50334 by dimaura
Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:27 pm
There is band called Sikth from th UK, they just broke up but they had some real magic going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dimaura is currently seeking;

2nd Guitar, Vocals, possibly a new Bassist

We are a Proggressive Metal band with a very large span of influence.

Opeth, Between the Buried & Me, Sikth, Meshuggah, Jazz, Folk, Blues, Death, Classical Guitar, and so on.

People with no equipment, knowledge of their craft, or the will to learn... need not apply.

Please contact us at [email protected]
myspace. com/dimaura
1481 - Nick

#51895 by racefanrob
Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:48 am
. . . how about Budgie . . . Y'all ?

I had seven of their Lps . . . back in the `70s. I liked their music . . . they were different Rock . . . but Heavy.

#52360 by SlippedNot
Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:15 am
Warrior Soul ... Metal Church ...
#52621 by cookiedoekeith
Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 am
The Mars Volta! First three albums inspired by odd trips on acid. Album 4 inspired by a whole LIFE inside a ouija board.If thats not odd, i dont know what is.

Having said that, The Mars Volta have had THE biggest influence on my drumming in the last 12 months, so on that note, i take my hat off to Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Cedric Bixler Zavala, Thomas Pridgen and the rest of TMV for coming up with some of the most inspiring music ive ever heard in my life!

#53094 by Andragon
Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:34 pm
Hey I know Metal Church [thrash metal] and Mars Volta.. well I can't put that in a genre, but it's kinda shoegazing/alternative spacey pop?

#53119 by philbymon
Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:31 pm
Jimmy's Chicken Shack

The Angry Inch (heh heh heh)

#53135 by thesystemhasfailed
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 am
morbid angel (blackened death metal)

#53236 by Andragon
Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Dude, Morbid Angel is so not obscure. They've been one of the leading death metal bands since the 90s I think.