This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#240615 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:23 am
1-he's really good.
2-I'm really slow.
3-why are "ratings disabled for this video"? I try to click like and computer says No!
#240703 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:38 pm
if music is language (and i believe it is)....good music and players "speak to us". and lyrical players "sing" and communicate w their instruments.

since i don't enjoy listening to people who speak at the speed of light ...that style of gtr playing says absolutely nothing to me. IMO it's musical gibberish. i can respect his technical skill. yep...he sure can play those scale fragments fast and clean. but where's the melody? the breath? dynamics? phrasing? grease?

what's more....there not ONE melody there that anyone will walk away with after hearing that. give me someone who can kill you with two or three well placed notes w killer tone (early Santana/Gilmour/Beck/etc) over someone who plays like they're getting paid by the note any day. for my tastes the former have emotional impact...the latter lacks it sorely and comes off as trying to compensate w speed and flash.

i'd blame it on my advancing yrs but that kind of playing has never appealed to me.

speed kills.
#240704 by Planetguy
Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 pm
it IS possible to play fast w amazing technique....play scale fragments....arpeggios.... AND play w some SPACE, SOUL, HUMOR, and MELODY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdJU9qUv50g

granted this style of music (gypsy jazz) ain't for everyone.....but there's a certain "humanity" in it that i find lacking from the "shredders"
#240706 by schmedidiah
Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 pm
Two words, Judas Priest. They do this with style and melody. Anything faster than them, I'm wary of.
#240710 by schmedidiah
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:20 am
I wanna hear it. Got a sample?
#240723 by schmedidiah
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:09 pm
Thanks. Uh, my searchin finger is busted. :oops: