This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#146118 by DerekRReeves
Fri May 06, 2011 1:59 pm
Guitarist - Mark Tremonti... only after the Creed era. Solos and riffs in Alter Bridge are badass

Vocal and Lyrical - Corey Taylor... the man's a frickin genious!!

#149789 by RobReams
Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 pm
you need a drummer call Rob @ 270 945 5875

#150928 by Alter Doxology
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 am
Alter Bridge & Mark Tremonti AND Myles Kennedy. PERIOD. Others contribute to my influences in writing but none so well and prominently as these guys. 8)

#154042 by Wrong_Writer
Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:56 pm
They've changed through my life depending on what my emotional state has been.
In the 80s and late 70s it was Queen, Journey, Kansas, and Foreigner. As a fledgling singer I strove to emulate those singers.
In the 90s probably Alison Krauss, Ricky Skaggs, and Bill Monroe. That was my bluegrass decade. I fell in love with speed and harmonies and I was in awe over the incredible instrumental talent so many of the Bluegrass Greats had and have.
By the end of this last decade I had been going through some rough emotional issues for a few years (long story). I discovered Sister Hazel and found so many of their songs spoke directly to me both lyrically and emotionally in the music. They led me to Vertical Horizon, Ingram Hill, Daughtry, The All American Rejects, Counting Crows, Dashboard Confessional, and several others. Most of these bands peaked in the 90s but I was just discovering them so I'm running about a decade behind.

Right now, especially in my song writing, I'd have to give the top three spots to Counting Crows, Vertical Horizon, and Ingram Hill. The emotion their music evokes and the energy their music blazes with really gets me down to my soul.

God I love Music :D

WW

#154432 by leodragon
Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 pm
Single influences for me don't exist. I pull from over 100 different bands. I most pull from Frank Zappa, Beethoven, Yes, Emerson, Lake,and Palmer, Rush, Pink Floyd, The Glenn Miller Orchestra, Count Basie, Nightwish, Led Zeppelin, and Tchaikovsky are just starters.

#154434 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:05 pm
Jimmy Page influenced electric guitarists and rock bands more than any one person in rock history, imo.

Zep set the standard throughout the 70s and nothing was the same after them. They were the reason for album oriented FM rock stations because they never released a single...didn't do TV either.

They created the arena rock concert, owned their own studio, label, sound company, publishing, etc..

The singer who influenced me most was probably Elvis. Saw him when I was a little kid and wanted to be a singer. Loved Hank William, Al Green, Plant, Paul Rogers a lot...but Elvis was just the coolest.

English rock bands and Philadelphia soul or Motown were my biggest influences.

In 1990 I discovered a folk-rock duo out of Cincinnati (later Philadelphia) called "Lamb" doing a very unique style of christian music and they set the template for what I've done ever since.

#154517 by rk4evr
Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:41 pm
stone temple pilot,scott can sing his ass off 8)

#154573 by blues edge
Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 pm
hendrix & duane allman

#155017 by Plazma60
Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:19 pm
Well, in terms of how I play bass I think Steve Harris and Gene Simmons have had the biggest influence on me. Gene made me want to play the bass, as well as trying to be bigger and badder than anyone out there, but Steve influenced the way I play it. He only uses two fingers on the bass, but he doesn't sacrifice musical ability for speed like early thrash did.

#157122 by Rhythmsteve
Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:25 pm
Phish

#158860 by Bert87
Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:04 pm
Well that's a hard question to answer.
But if I had to answer this I would point my finger at Levon helm and THE BAND. They have made more of a impact on my style than Zep and Floyd put together.
But that's just me.

#159544 by Danbassman
Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:51 pm
Rhythmsteve wrote:Phish

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Phish is by far my favourite band and one of the most underrated among the general public. No one just listens to them a few times. Either you're a 100% fan, or you don't know their music! As a bass player, no one person has influenced me more than Mike Gordon. His work with Phish and his own solo band are awesome! Great songwriting, crazy bass lines and slappin, and he can sing over top (and has been steadily getting better for a long time). I have to say that John Doyle is another amazing musician. He does all contemporary Irish traditional music on his acoustic guitar. Just awesome stuff!