This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#53203 by Mark R S
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:23 pm
Dream Theater-Every member of the band is at the top of their game, varied song structures, time changes, dynamics... not to mention one of the best Keyboard players around!!!

#53875 by Neilkarmann
Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:28 pm
METALLICA then Nirvana, offspring, greenday etc etc

#54017 by dutchchester
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:27 am
I began playing guitar because I had a crush on Valleri Bertinelli. She married some dude named Eddie and I thought what can he do that I can't do? So I started playing guitar. Between Eddie, Randy Rhoads, and Zak Wylde, that is where I honed my craft.

#54073 by repressthecadence
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:22 pm
Don't know if I've posted here or not, but my greatest influences right now are probably The Receiving End of Sirens, Circa Survive, The Dear Hunter, As Cities Burn, and The Rise of Science
#54481 by bowlerhat_bassist
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Man, the biggest influence on me as a musician and a person, even, has to be Primus.

I know, I know, f**k weird.

Les Claypool helped me get comfortable with the bass.
Since discovering his work, I've been rocking out to his, and writing some of my own!

#54608 by bass-a-holic
Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm
kinda hard to name just one but I would have to say Eddie Van Halen

#56096 by Savvy
Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:37 pm
1 - Born of Osiris
2 - At The Throne of Judgment
3 - All Shall Perish

:wink:

#58337 by Ballistic J
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:12 pm
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY! when they jam live, they put everything into it. Woody Weatherman's wiggly squiggly guitar playing is awesome. Mike Dean's chops on the bass are the funkiest you can get when it comes to some good hard rock n roll. Peppar Keenan..what can I say, he's a great frontman and nice rythm riffs. I even liked them in the 80s when they were a hardcore punk/mosh band. COC :twisted:

#58546 by Andragon
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:16 pm
CoC rules! Nuff said.

#59123 by DaleT
Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:22 pm
The libertines

#59803 by clarc
Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:14 pm
I can not answer this question.
I love all kind's of music and they all influence what i do
musicly,so to honestly answer this my list could cover
this howl page.
for me it started in the urly 60's till now.
I've been through jazz,blues,disco,punk,hard rock,heavy metal,
folk,and today's .
it all has some influance on who you are and what you play.

clarc.
#61782 by RigGator
Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:11 pm
1st )has to be hands down, the song that made me wanna play had to be Slash with the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine. I remember I was 16 when I first heard it. Riding down the road and the song came on I was like I have got to learn to play that
2nd) Hells Bells by ACDC. Angnus Young enough said
3rd) Duane Allman Slide guitar work on Eric Clapton's (Deric and the Dominoes) still the greatest slide player even after 40 plus years of his death
4th) Blue Oyster Cult Great riffs and very progressive
5th)Rush enough said
6th) Thin Lizzy every thing he did everything
7th) Steve Miller why have I not seen Steves name pop up anywhere on this site.
8th) Syd Barrett the real Pink Floyd G.God
9th) Brian May
10th) Frank Zappa OMG a zappa freak

#61804 by PocketGroovesGSO
Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:25 pm
As musicians, I believe that we are influenced on some level by any music that we hear. You never know when you may come across a situation where you'll think about that one part of that one song that you really didn't like, and think, "Something like that would work perfectly in this part of my song."

Anyway though, to answer the question: If I had to pick one band that has influenced my playing the most, I would say 311.

#61818 by ratsass
Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:30 pm
Eddie Van Halen!!! Not that I play like him, but his attitude towards playing in general. Anything goes. Learn everything you can, then forget about it and just play.

#61824 by italiano113089
Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 pm
RUSH AND JOURNEY