This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#17943 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:24 am
Asp333 wrote:Mine would have to be Mark Tremonti from Creed and Alter Bridge. His music and riffs are hard driven, intense, and melodic. His sound and tone have always been unique, and now that he can play however he wants (In Alter Bridge) his solo's and riffs are absolutely insane! The solos to Open Your Eyes and Down To My Last is great for passionate shred, while the entire song let alone the solo to Blackbird will move you emotionally, and the solo to Come To Life or Ties That Bind will have you banging your head and wanting more.

John Petrucci of Dream Theater is also amazing. Best breakdowns and random progressions. He is literally all over the place when playing, and it sounds so friggin' good, listen to Dance of Eternity, Constant Motion, or Metropolis Pt 1. You'll see.

Mark Tremonti rocks! Merry Christmas.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17962 by HowlinJ
Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Alen Price.......Animals

#18618 by shyartist
Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:32 am
kurt cobain-nirvana

#20238 by tonytrash305
Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:15 am
for my screaming bring me the horizon all the way i love there screaming

#20488 by iralarry
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 am
Todd Rundgren and Utopia. Toad has done more for music production than any other individual in the biz, fact not opinion. Look him up. Damn great guitarist too.

#20489 by HowlinJ
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 am
Hey Larry,

I got three "Nazz" records on vinyl,and the "Runt" solo album. My band back in "68" did "Wild-wood Blues". In the 70's I can recall doing "Leroy Boy" (Hey! , I think I'll put that one on the list for my new band).

Never got much into "Utopia", but your right, "Runt" is one of the "giants whose shoulders many of us stand on.

"J"

P.S. ....Got a kick out of "Little Girl's Room", Good job.

#22946 by mindmelters
Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:39 am
killing joke killing joke killing joke

#24635 by philbymon
Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:34 am
I don't know anyone who can say they were influenced by only one band or performer...except the occasional Elvis impersonator.

I've been influenced by the Beatles, Cat Stevens, Pink Floyd, Manheim Steamroller, Steppenwolf, Harry Chapin, Eric Burdon, Trey Anastasio & Phish, Nirvana, the Who, Eric Anderson, Meat Puppets, Camel, Mike Nesmith, Jethro Tull, & I find myself more recently becoming interested in Carbon Leaf due to thier vocals and overall style.

I guess I'm influenced by just about anyone...LOL...which is why I STAY AWAY from the radio when I wanna write!!! I'm like a sponge sometimes, & I find myself writing in so many styles & genres that I confuse myself.

The best influences I ever got, though, were from other musicians that I've played with, ppl that introduced me to new things that caught my attention.

#25172 by SRTilley
Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 pm
It changes every year. Probably Josh Homme at the moment.

#25186 by heatstroke
Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:34 am
For me it was Metallica. That band drove me into the entire metal scene and I thank them for that. As for my singing, I'd have to say my biggest influence n that is Bullet for my Valentine, whether you like them or not. I like that style.

#25192 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:46 am
Lmao. That is a strange combo there, a Metallica influenced player with Bullet For My Valentine vocals...

I am sure then you must have seen this rendition by Bullet For My Valentine of Metallica's "Welcome Home":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X_AWQMYCiZ0

Peace, GuitarAnatomy.

#25463 by scarletrust
Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:23 am
I just saw the guy who has the greatest influence on me. He was in my mirror! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Tell him to stop!!!!

#25471 by gbheil
Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:41 am
Hendrix and Kiss

#25518 by Chris2203
Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:54 pm
Black Sabbath / Tony Iommi but I got my vibrato from a long lost friend: Pete Russello.